Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bust Halve Counterfeits

Hello: New kid on the block wants to know if anyone collects or has photos of bust halve "early and later" date counterfeits. Also some of the easier diagnostic signs of bust halve counterfeits.imageimage

Comments

  • Options
    I wouldn't mind collecting them. I don't have any pictures but I do have the book on them.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where's njcoincrank when you need him??

    al h.image
  • Options
    This is as close as I can get to your request:

    Draped bust counterfeits
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the first book here.
    Andy Lustig

    Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.
    Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    I can help some with the Bust Halves. I too have had to dig to find good info on the web and it has not been easy.

    As far as books I have found two that are great for information and die marriages ect.

    You may already know of them but here goes.

    1.) Early Half Dollar Die Varieties - (Author AL C. Overton Third Edition)

    2.) The Ultimate Guide To Attributing Bust Half Dollars - (Author Glenn R. Peterson, MD)

    Both these books are great and work well together - cross reference etc. when identifying die varieties and overdates.

    This can help out tons.
    Bill.

    Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file