Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lesser Known Double Die Coins, Mercury Dime Series.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does PCGS recognize any of these ? The coins I am wondering about are the 29D, 29S, 31D and the 36P. If they do recognize these how do you get it noted on the slab ?

Thanks Much.
Ken

Comments

  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Tough crowd...

    I would like to know, too.

    President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the improvements (I know --ha ha ha) at the mint, and all those 69 and 70 grades they are producing , I do believe that one day these DD's and nicer varieties will become more and more collectable. After all- looking at all those mug shots in that other post- no one wants perfection.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the '29-S and '36-P are in the Cherrypickers Guide, so you might get that on a PCGS holder. I seriously doubt the other two you mention would get on an insert.

    I'm unsure if variety coins need to be submitted as Mint Errors or not, maybe this will bump your post back up where someone can answer that part of your question.


    Sean Reynolds

    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

    "Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file