Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANACS Turnaround time

au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
I submitted 26 coins for ANACS economy service at the Baltimore show in early December. On the day of submission, the estimated turnaround was 8 - 10 weeks. Saturday, 2/14, was the 10 week mark. I called today and the revised best estimate (no guarantee) is now Friday of next week (one day short of 12 weeks). As it was pointed out to me, I was the one who failed to account for the fact that they take a week off over Christmas and the New Year. I assumed, incorrectly, that since they know their holiday schedule better than I, that they would have considered it in their turnaround estimate.

Comments

  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    I submitted a coin 22 Nov at the Santa Clara show. Received it on 17 Feb.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

    W.C. Fields
  • Options
    that since they know their holiday schedule better than I, that they would have considered it in their turnaround estimate.

    NA! They just want your business and your money, or, you can look upon it as elective memory loss on their behalf...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    I submitted 9 Bust Halves & 5 FB Mercs at the Houston MONEY Show on 1/23 so it should be interesting to see when they ship.
    Bill.

    Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Can we just get over the fact that economy = slow? Whether its ANACS or PCGS or whomever, if you submit economy, be prepared to wait. If you needed it by a certain date, you should have coughed up the bucks and submitted on one of their timed options.

    Honestly, all these threads about the slowness of economy are getting rather tiresome. Deal with it, people.
  • Options
    At least with ANACS, you can pay $15 per coin and get 5 business day turnaround. image
    Gary
    image
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    Sorry flaminio, didn't mean to waste your time. I was just to be informative to other members who might like to have the information. Fact is, I'm in no hurry. That's why I used economy service. But when they tell you 8 - 10 weeks, and then miss by at least 20%, then tell the customer you should have known better, all is not right. Maybe some others can use this data point.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Can we just get over the fact that economy = slow? Whether its ANACS or PCGS or whomever, if you submit economy, be prepared to wait. If you needed it by a certain date, you should have coughed up the bucks and submitted on one of their timed options.

    Honestly, all these threads about the slowness of economy are getting rather tiresome. Deal with it, people. >>



    I disagree. These are businesses and they are NOT providing good service to their customers. Businesses that provide poor service should not be rewarded with additional business.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I disagree. These are businesses and they are NOT providing good service to their customers. Businesses that provide poor service should not be rewarded with additional business. >>



    So that leaves PCGS out, right? What's their economy turnaround time up to -- six months?
  • Options
    my invoice dated 12/24/03---still waiting----about what I would expect.

    noticed they didn't do the 10-10-10 special this yr., so bisiness must be good!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary






    Best Franklin Website

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file