Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Any clue what this is?

I could use some more help here. Thanks People.

Comments

• Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    10 Pfennig Notgeld Token (emergency money issued throughout Germany during WWI and later).

I don't have my references with me right now, so I can't give you a catalog number.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    City of Solingen 10 Pfennig from 1919 - Notgeld Emergency Money.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I can also tell you that the current temperature in Solingen is 6C image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Joel's Coins Notgeld List
    Your piece is half way down the page and listed at $4 in AU.
    This may be a dealer site but doubles as the best reference list I've been able to find online!
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    Au! thanks guys, this has got to be the best place for info on the net. You people really help me out and I appreciate it.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, Solingen is world famous for its knives, swords, and other cutting instruments; hence, the coat of arms.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Are they also famous for anchors?
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I don't know but it's possible that anchors were among the items that are included in their area of expertise. It seems reasonable, as anchors might need to be hardened and of high quality.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22