Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Hey CIVITAS is MSD61 right?

MSD61: "Actually, the lettering looks like it is from two different dies don't you think?"

Remember my 1884 UK Penny original link I took it to a coin show & a error guy said "Looks like it is from two different dies, Look at the "V" and the "I, in VICTORIA. The letters are shorter than the 1st strike."
I've emailed the Royal Mint with a link to the pic's on Jan, 8 but have not received an reply.
Glenn
I hope I'm not boring you kind folks with this coin. I'm just stumped on this one!

Comments

• Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    I still stand by my multiple paragraphs of B.S. from the original thread. image
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options

<< <i>I still stand by my multiple paragraphs of B.S. from the original thread. image >>

I'm not an expert on these things but I agree with you! Just wanted to make sure.
    Edited to add: I'm sending it to ANACS this week.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Glenn, you've been showing us a load of errors/varieties, and I really dig that!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Civitas got this one right. It is a great coin and please advise what ANACS does with it in terms of attribution.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    No way I'm never right! Just ask me Eximage
  • Options

<< <i>No way I'm never right! Just ask me Eximage >>

image I'll post it when ANACS sends it back.
    Glenn
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Cool coin ya got there Peter Jackson!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>Cool coin ya got there Peter Jackson! >>

Peter Jackson! ?
    Glenn
  • Options
    That picture you have looks just like Peter Jackson.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Holy crap!!!! Your right!!!!
    Glenn
  • Options
    What did you know about Hobbits and when did you know it?

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com