Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Name change on ebay--how is this possible?

I recently bought some items from a seller named "elcki" and as of today I see that the same items are listed under the name of "mazurus". I ask you, how is this possible? I'm totally confused.

Whazzup widdat?

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See this?

That means he changed his user ID.

Very similar to people having two, or more, IDs on this forum. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    --Very similar to people having two, or more, IDs on this forum.

image Who would want to have more than one ID?
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I changed my ID one time, but that is because the original ID was an email address.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, Mr. Ajaan. You're a tribute to the forums.
  • Options
    Yo hetman, what time is it there now?

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Mr. Wybrit, did ebay force you to change your name so as to eliminate the email address?
  • Options
    Mr. Ajaan, it's about time for me to go to work.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people would change their names like this one has.. That was his ID when I first started buying from him. As far as I could tell there was no change other than his ebay name, service stayed the same. image
  • Options
    eBay forced me and everyone else that had an email address as their ID. If you didn't change it they were going to change it for you and they would pick your new ID.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Thanks for the information, and vote of confidence, Mr. Spoon. It's my first time winning anything from him, so it seems very strange that as soon as I win something, his name changes.
  • Options
    Mr. Cosmicdebris, that sounds mighty lame. But as someone told me once, this is ebay we're talking about, not a democracy.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Mr. Wybrit, did ebay force you to change your name so as to eliminate the email address?

No. At the time, I was unhappy that my email address was the ID, so I changed it voluntarily. I wanted "wyobrit" (since WYO is the true abbreviation for Wyoming) but it was taken.image I had to settle for WY instead - the postal abbreviation for the state.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ---(since WYO is the true abbreviation for Wyoming)

Thanks for expounding on that, Mr. Wybrit. I've seen some old letters addressed to my late grandparents, and it seems people used to use a 3-letter abbreviation for states, for example, ALA for Alabama and FLA for Florida, etc.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. I guess that little icon with the chess pieces replaced the old "shades" icon, which I always thought looked a little dumb, anyway.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Who ya calling dumb lordM?????

<< <i>Or "Ajaan's Retarded". >>

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>But as someone told me once, this is ebay we're talking about, not a democracy. >>

LOL image
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    <<ebay we're talking about, not a democracy.>>

Let's turn eBay into a cooperative.
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options

<< <i>I recently bought some items from a seller named "elcki" and as of today I see that the same items are listed under the name of "mazurus". I ask you, how is this possible? I'm totally confused. >>

I have had elcki on my watch list for quite some time. This is not the first time he has changed his eBay handle. As a matter of fact, this is the 3rd time he has used "mazurus". he changes every 6 months or so. His history
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it