Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Italy 1927R 10 lire-nice toning

Nice coin I picked up this weekend:
This is representative of a series of Italian coins from the early 20th century that I really like. I think I've seen an example of one of these on the forum before- they feature rearing horses, a carriage, and an allegorical figure on the reverse. There are five possible coins that feature that reverse, or one very similar. Several are not affordable for a one from every country collector but several are. This is one of them: KM 68.1, 1927R, .8250 silver, $30 in XF in Krause-the others in this series (1926R-1934R) range from $125 to $275 in XF. Other years can be as high as the 1914R-$2500 in XF! The one thing I couldn't capture on this coin was the multi-colored concentric toning which is very strong on about 270 degrees of the coin.

imageimage
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    love the biga reverse image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    I have this one. great coin, mine is a little higher grade, but has some very dark toning.....

Edit cause I lied image I have the 1929 version, KM 68.2 image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dip it. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I was going to use my dremel tool with some toothpaste......image
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Ahh, looks great!! Sure do love the design. Now I don't have to find one for ya. Here's mine again.

• Options
    Very nice.
  • Options
    Great Coin!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Suuuuhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet coin, Laurent!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22