Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sending Coins For Grading

To all the experts out there. Is there any special way to package coins for shipping to PCGS. I've heard some things about coins going bad in route or while they wait the many weeks at PCGS. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    If submitting proof coins, use only ET Kointainer SAFLIPS, and do not use poly bags. Not so much of an issue with circulation strikes, but I submit the same with those. Use the 2.5 x 2.5 size so the coins are easy to remove, thus reducing the potential for damage when the grader pulls them out. Pack them carefully so they don't rub during shipping. I use corrugated Safe-T-Mailers, packing two coins in each.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Thanks Russ. I appreciate your help.

Midus
  • Options
    Yes, THANKS Russ. Your suggestions will help me pack my submissions betterimage
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I use rubber bands to tightly hold several flips together, then bubble wrap around my stacks of flips.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    I place my coins in mylar 2x2 flips and then I tape the flip instead of stapling. I place the flips inbetween two pieces of cardboard tape them together for more stablization. Then it is off to registered mail it goes.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    Brian, Stacy,

Thanks for the help!

Midus1
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing it the same way itsnotjustme said for 6 years,no problems as far as I know.
    I also think the rubber bands keeps some moisture out if there going to be sitting around for any length of time.
    Al