Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Problems with Royal Mail?

I've sent 2 packages and 1 letter to Britain since the first week of January (the latest was 2 wks ago), and none have arrived. Are there perhaps some problems there, or maybe customs has stepped up their checks?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe they got caught up in those flights that got canceled for fear of a terrorist incident. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    I sent a small package over about 2 weeks ago and it arrived safely.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭
    One package I sent arrived in four days. The other appears to be taking a lot longer.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    It's very hit and miss between US/Can and UK. Some speed through in 3/4 days while others take 7 or 8 working days. If your airmail package hasn't arrived in a fortnight you have a problem.

HOWEVER, insured shipping can take up to three weeks but is usually completed inside a fortnight.

L
  • Options
    I would agree with Lloyd, the times from canada and US can vary greatly. I check the postmarks and since the beginning of December Airmail has taken between 5 days and 26 days! With one item getting stuck in UK customs and then IOM customs taking 32 days.
    If you did not mark the item airmail by mistake, time could be longer.
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    My last piece of mail from England was postmarked on Nov. 27th. I didn't receive it until Jan. 17th. image

At least I was in Singapore for much of that time so I really didn't miss the coin too much.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm