Home U.S. Coin Forum

For Those Of You Who Gamble I Found A Sure Bet

I was cruising EBAYs closed auctions earlier tonight ( I do that to satisfy my need to look at great coins while also being able to stay out of trouble) and found the most secure best bet I've ever seen in my life. Trust me on this. Bet the coins, house, car, kids and the significant other on the fact that no coin will ever change hands in EBAY auction number 2222317392. If you don't believe me, look at 2222285298. image
I sure hope the winning bidder did not pay by check or money order. If they did, I hear a flushing sound in the background.

Someone will need to help me out with a link. I'm a newbie and don't have a clue.
I like saying that. Newbie, Newbie, Newbie, Newbie..............I haven't been new at anything since I can remember. Sow as long as it says New Member in the upper left hand corner there, I'm going to milk it for all it's worth.

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • Thanks, Goose image
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kernofbellvue has been hacked. Anybody write him/know him?
  • Am I wrong? Kern is the hacker, not the hackee.
  • Yes
    kernofbellvue auction started after Aurosomas.

Somebodies going to get conned..

Tom
    With 100% feedback, I think the actual kern is ok. I think someone got his password...

He fits what hackers are looking for. Low # of transactions which means that they are not often on checking, high feedback which gives them credibility.

John
    Look how verbose Kern was in other sales he made, i.e the laptop. Seems educated.

Now he puts down a one line "I'm stupid" hook out there with poor grammar?

Nope, somebody got his password...

John
  • I read the comments about ebay members getting "hacked" and am concerned I do not understand how this is happening. I would appreciate any comments on how it happens and more importantly what I would need to do to prevent it from happening. Thanks.
  • That happened to me once. Fortunately I was checking my email just as they did it and recieved the email from EBAY about my password being changed. I emailed them back immediately and they killed the fake auctions in about three hours. Yes many fake auctions were put up in a short period of time. These people are very skilled at what they do. Now I have much more firewalls in my computer and I take care to never leave my EBAY open when I am on other web pages. Always logout of EBAY before you go to another web page. I learned the hard way but it could have been much worse. image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
    rollemupabe.

See what I always do to steal passwords is I put a sniffer on the users internet provider and then wait for them to type in their...

I mean... I have no idea how you do it.... image

BTW, your bday is tomorrow. Happy bday to Abe, our 16th president...image

• Eagle7,

Thanks for the pointers. I am not very technical and therefore probably easy prey. I'll follow your advice.
  • O.K. Let's see where we are. We may not really know who the hacker is. I think we are pretty sure who the hackee is. And, we probably have no doubt who's getting screwed.

It is frightening what can be accomplished by those who know how to do it. imageimageimageimage
  • BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Wow! you've got a good eye. I just emailed Jaspers79 and told him to be wary of a possible scam.

• Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭

I got one of those "spoof" emails the other day.The email was titled as if it were from ebay and opened to what appeared to be an ebay security page, with ebay logos and everything, looked pretty official.It stated that there had been suspicious activity on my account and that it was froze until I entered current password along with new password before it could be reactivated.Of course I immediatialy went to my ebay account and that whas not the case.Account was not froze.I forwarded the email to safe harbor and they responded,telling me that it was a "spoof" or scam that they were investigating.
    Just thought I'd pass this along.It looked pretty convincing and I"m sure there have been some who entered their info.

Randy
  • dizzleccdizzlecc Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭
    Good catch. One of the benefits of reading the boards is picking up the latest on potential scams.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file