Home U.S. Coin Forum

Latest Peace Dollar Trend

Has anyone checked out the going trend for the 1928 "P" Peace in G-4. Jumped up quite a bit for such a low grade. All the 28 dollars I find aren't as nice as I'd like but looks like these have some potential.

Comments

• Welcome to the boards.... you are right up my alley as it's the date/series I mostly collect... image The 28' in all grades but 65 has gone up over the past few months. I think the 58-62 have gone up the most. The other grades have done very well too.

Be careful what you buy in very low grades as they are mostly "raw" uncertified coins. Stick to NGC and PCGS for slabs and you'll do good...

As far as what condition/eye appeal is out there, most 1928 Peace dollars have problems, some slight, some more than others. Here's a list of problems I'd say 90% of the entire mintage has: (Some of these "problems" may be happines to others....)

- Dull no cartwheel luster
    - Yellow
    - Uneven toning/patina
    - Gray toning
    - Spray toning/flecks

and we haven't even got into where the marks are located........
  • It's a bit rough for my taste. I never liked those "buy it now" auctions but the seller has great feedback. Looks like I'll have to shell out the big bucks...................someday.
  • wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    Peace dollars are one of the most underrated series in higher grades simply for the reason that they are very tough with sharp strikes. It is one of the most gorgeous series in all of numismatics and can be still put together on a budget. It is unfortunate that it is sometimes overshadowed by Morgans, but obviously Peace dollars as a whole are undervalued.
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the dates of 1926 in 64 are these tough?

Tbig
  • 26@4 hasn't seen an uptrend in price for years as there's just too much supply out there at that level.

This date in 65 or 66 is difficult to find blast white. I've never seen a 1926@6 that was blast in a PCGS holder. I've seen just a few at MS65 that were blast in NGC holders.....
  • MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    I'll have to take a picture of my 1926 Peace. It is blast white graded MS65 by NGC. Liberty's cheek and neck are completely free from marks so it looks like a 66.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file