Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Found in change today.

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got some rolls of quarters and there were a lot of old high grade coins mixed in. This is
fairly unusual but in this case most of them were tarnished or had ugly spotting. They were
likely cleaned up from behind machines in a laundry or something but there were a few which
were pretty nice including an AU '67 (a little rough), AU+ '72-D, and a nearly AU 77-D.

Looks like the 72-D and 77-D will be upgrades for my "from circulation" sets.
Tempus fugit.

Comments

• Options
    I look for this stuff befor Christmas when people may be cashing in change they have been collecting all year. Joe
  • Options
    Nice finds. That's what coin collecting is all about.
    You like the coins. You consider them worth adding to your collection. And frankly, I don't blame you.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God!
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    ~PATRICK HENRY~
  • Options
    Last week I got what is I think a circulated Proof 62 Jefferson. I'd say Pf-50. You never know what you'll find..
  • Options
    BUMP,anyone else find anything good in change?Last week I found a 1967 quarter in about the same cond. and a few wheaties.
  • Options
    I searched $10 in penny rolls... Pulled out 4 Wheaties... most notable was a VG-F '39-S
    -George
    42/92

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file