Home U.S. Coin Forum

ATTN CAROL: Just to show you that there are wolves out there....even on the boards!!

2»

Comments

• He never PM'd me....I'm feeling a little neglected.

• stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't this the same guy that was soliciting by PM in the past from India or something like that? He was told to put it on the BST and said he didn't know? Then people were sending him free coins and such. Perhaps I have the wrong person in mind, but I got the same Pm about the 93s and some PM's way back from the same person. >>

I stand corrected. I was thinking of someone else.

Edit... I did get the PM about the 93s and a couple a while back. But I had the person doing this confused with someone else.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

• << <i>I do believe you're talking about a member by the name of Nanda, who always enters giveaways on the Darkside, and although his/her light is frequently on, rarely ever posts for any other purpose. A group of us sent Nanda a bunch of coins last year for free, and I read a few months ago a thread by him where he was thanking people in this forum for helping him nearly complete his US type set from the mid 1850s. All for free. However, I have no reason to suspect Nanda is involved in any scams. >>

I have had many dealings with Nanda and would like to stress that I DO NOT believe Nanda is involved in this at all. Nanda is a very nice and upstanding collector.

This other member being discussed, I have no idea about.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    Beth, I agree. Nanda and Mihaii are totally different people and I've never heard of Nanda trying to scam anybody.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your experience reminds be of a seller on ebay who offered a new 3D lens that Canon had promised to make. It turns out that Canon never marketed the lens past the promotional teasers. When I asked for a serial number on the lens that I could confirm with Canon the "seller" went silent. (My suspicions were orginally aroused when I noted that there had been a lapse of over a year with regard to any feedback. My suspicion is that he got ahold of a deceased person's account somehow. The seller of course wanted a money order before delivering.)

• << <i>I have had many good dealings with them >>

I knew someone would say it I just didn't think Russ.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    like Lucy said, out them...lord knows the dust i kicked up in here when i posted washingtonmans obsenity pm's to me image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

• << <i>

Thank you John. I've had an uneasy feeling about him for a long time. He used to ask me by PM if I was interested in buying Bulgarian coins. He's from Bulgaria.
    >>

Hi, Jester,

I heard u like 2 collect bg coins and i go a bunch of BU 2 Leva from 1916 going cheap, Krause lists them at $2000, I sell 'em for $350, a real steal!!!!!11111111

PM if interested.

P.S. I am really sorry to hear that this guy may be from Bulgaria (or, for that matter from this part of the world).
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    .....From: "Mihai" <mihaiforgod@yahoo.com>
    .....Date: Tue, February 10, 2004 10:49 pm

oops...didnt see ya already did...let me pm him, i got stuff to sell image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, he used to post looking to buy lower grade circ Morgans and currently has his 93-s for sale across the street.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Nanda is from India and is a member in good standing. Mihai is from Romania and originally posted questions on the Dark Side and offered some inexpensive Romanian and other European coins. He never really got into the "give-and-take", "Q&A" flow of the board, though. He mostly would ask for Krause catalog values of particular coins. Last year he started offering expensive gold and silver coins and valuable banknotes. Anyone who can afford to sell that sort of thing can afford to -- and should -- buy their own Krauses, so people stopped responding to his requests for prices. A few people tried to call him out on the suspiciously low asking prices for his scarce items and he would not respond -- just reposted his questions and offers in a new thread. I hadn't seen him post in a while and supposed he'd finally realized that he was being shunned since he wouldn't answer serious questions.

I don't know if "worldwidecoins" is Mihai or not. "Mihai" translates as "Mike" and "Mihail/Michael" is just as common a name in Romania as it is here. If it is, he'll probably move quickly into the same MO as mihaiforcoins.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file