Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

WOW!!! Thanks Rob!!! (LordM)

Back around New Years, I won Rob's giveaway, well take a look at what showed up in my mail box yesterday.

image (ANACS AU55)

image (Russian, about the size of a 1797 George III Twopence)

There were also two French 2 Franc coins, a 1866-BB and a 1871-A, both well worn but nice!

Thanks again Rob!!!
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, good. You got 'em. Sorry I took so long. But I decided to send you some nice stuff instead of what was supposed to be the giveaway (a larger quantity of lesser stuff). So you see, waiting on LordM can sometimes have its benefits. image

The Maundy penny is from Aethelred's famous George III type set. He upgraded to an 1800 in MS63, which I won in NEN's giveaway a while back. So thank you again, NEN. (Since NEN's giveaway was supposed to exclude dealers, the giveaway you won was my penance for entering theirs, when I probably shouldn't have.)

The twin to your Russian 5-kopeck is going up on eBay as soon as I finish scanning all the other stuff. It doesn't have the interesting clipped planchet yours does, though, and is a different date. (I sold the nicer AU I posted on the Sunday swapmeet, but still have a Siberian 10-kopeck left.) Big, chunky copper ended up being one of the major themes of my purchases at the FUN show- it just kinda worked out that way.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WOW..You won on New Years and got them by 9 Feb. I tell that Yeti is getting Fast with his posting!!image

Nice coins also, I should have said that first.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice surprises from this yeti that never sleeps. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>from this yeti that never sleeps >>

I have noticed that. Maybe he is worried about his girl freinds leg they found in "Yeti-ville"....image
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    That's a warning to all of my ex-girlfriends, LOL.

All both of them. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TTT to give that "The Dead King Is So Great, Blah Blah Blah" thread some competition. image

• Options
    Thumbs up for the big chunk of russian copper imageimage
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    cool coins!