Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Slow Submission Turnaround.

We as PCGS authorized dealers have a problem. I received coins from two customer in my shop to submit to PCGS for authentication on November 29th 2003. PCGS accepted the coins at the Baltimore coin show on Dec. 5th and logged them into there system on Dec. 8th. Grading on the economy tier which runs 65 days at the current time. Just spoke to PCGS and they hope to have the coins back to me by March 28, 2004. A THIRD OF A YEAR LATER! What is the deal with this so called service? My customers at first thought that i ripped them off which has now been explained after seeing this website.

PS-They canceled out 9 business days for long beach and FUN!
All American Coin & Jewlery Co.
6024 N. 9th Ave #5
Pensacola, FL 32504
HTTP://WWW.AACoinCo.Com

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how you feel. It's almost insulting. I have a ton of coins I'd like them to slab but am waiting to see if they correct the ongoing problems they are having. If not, I'll take them elsewhere.
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that means the ones I sent in Saturday will hopefully be back to me in June or July. Wahoo!!
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    Bikingnut,

They might be back by the time you retire! I hope!
    All American Coin & Jewlery Co.
    6024 N. 9th Ave #5
    Pensacola, FL 32504
    HTTP://WWW.AACoinCo.Com
  • Options
    I'll be looking to make a raw Merc or two towards the end of the month, and I can tell you they're not going to PCGS... they'll be going across the street... I can get 28 business days guarenteed over there for the same amount, and not worry about them breaking the promise (I'm too impatient to wait for Economy with either, unless I don't have the money for the 1 month service)... plus I save time on shipping, they're only a 3 hours drive away from me, not on the other side of the country... Anyways...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Mine were logged in 1/17/04. Paid regular (15 day) service. It's not so much the wait that 's irritating I think, but rather the word "guaranteed". If the influx is too great to handle, just change the wording to fit the circumstances.

Personally I understand the delay due to demand, but I can see how many would be down right P.O'd to expect the quick guaranteed turnaround they paid for, only to find themselves in frustration from the extended wait.

The old phrase "Don't pi** down my back and tell me it's raining" comes to mind.

Keep smiling!
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file