Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice on what eBay feedback I should leave

OK, here is the situation.

I won an autographed 2004 Prime Cuts Rickey Henderson on January 15, 2004. On January 16, 2004, I paid for the Ebay auction via PayPal. About two weeks later, I e-mailed the seller and asked for an update but received no response. A few days later, I e-mailed the seller again stating that I would get PayPal involved if I did not recieve a response. Still, no response.

As a result, I got PayPal involved, and (surprise, surprise), I got an e-mail from the seller staing that he would investigate. A few days later (February 4, 2004), I got a response from PayPal (and the seller) stating that the card was shipped. It finally arrived this past Saturday (over three weeks after I paid for it). The seller has plenty of complaints listed recently about very slow shipping.

So, I'm wondering if I should leave any feedback. Here are my choices:

POSITIVE: "Shipping time was horrible, but card arrived nearly three weeks after payment"
NEUTRAL: "Shipping time and communication was horrible, but card arrived nearly three weeks after payment"
NEGATIVE: "Received card three weeks after payment and poor communication"
NOT LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK

The seller has already left positive feedback for me.

Thanks

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are that as long as you eventually received the card in an acceptable condition, I'd simply leave no feedback (good or bad) whatsoever. You mentioned that the seller has had several incidents recently which involved slow turnaround but it didn't deter you from bidding on one of his auctions. Make a mental note not to buy from this person in the future & move on!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    NEUTRAL: "Shipping time and communication was horrible, but card arrived nearly three weeks after payment"
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I'd go with a weak positive.

aconte
  • Options
    I'd agree with MXracer -- Neutral -- card received as advertised...very sloooooooow shipping.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that seller was slow to ship, but 3 weeks is far from "forever."
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    i'd go w/a positive or neutral. it recently took me 3 weeks to ship a card and the reason was the buyer simply sent me a $ order, no info on what item #/card it was, no contact/reply to my various emails until 3 weeks later, etc. since i list 25-50 items/week, i had no way of easily "matching" the item to his $ order (for some reason, multiple items i sold ended for roughly the same amount at that time). so while technically my shipment wasn't the fastest, it's not always the seller's fault. not saying that's the case here, but as a buyer, i've found most sellers ship much slower than i ever do (my average time to receive a card lately has been 2-3 weeks+).
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    I'm torn on the same issue, but not regarding a sportscard. Shipping was slow (about two weeks), but it was due to the seller forgetting to ship it. The item arrived fine, eventually, and a positive is probably warranted, but I'll let the seller stew a bit and leave it on the last possible day.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I am a firm believer that a seller needs to leave feedback once the payment is received within a specified time frame. Holding feedback hostage is BS in my opinion, and if feedback is not left within 30 days of auction, that opportunity should be gone for the seller to leave feedback. The buyer should have the same opportunity and time frame as well.

If you feel that the situation was BS, then leave a negative. Neutral feedback is ridiculous.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Three weeks is not great, but not horrible either. Certainly does not warrant negative or neutral feedback.
  • Options

<< <i>Three weeks is not great, but not horrible either. Certainly does not warrant negative or neutral feedback. >>

Not necessarily the waiting that bothered me as much as the avoidance. Why couldn't he of just responded and stated "I forgot, so I will ship ASAP", or "I'll look into it for you."

Instead, I had to get PayPal involved just to get a response from him. That irks me.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got the card in acceptable condition and it arrived within the 30-day guideline of both Ebay and Paypal. You should leave a positive.

Tabe
    www.tabe.nu
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    megatron

The feedback notwithstanding, I'm with you, I think it is very annoying that this person did not email you; a simple reply would have ended the whole thing!

Mike
    Mike