Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Price of 1964 Washington PR70

How come the PCGS price guides do not list a price for a 1964 PCGS PR70 Washington quarter? If PCGS grades this coin then don't you think it should be in the price guide? It is in the population report. There have been 32 of these coins graded at this level. I feel the price of the coin is less than what it could be if PCGS had put a price on it. your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Rlawsha,

The CU price guide is currently not very useful anyway. You should search Heritage, Teletrade, Ebay, etc for good comps.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    PCGS PR 70= Not a specimen that can just have a price tag thrown on it...(JMO)...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    I have searched eBay, Teletrade and Heritage for prices. That coin comes in at anywhere between $150 and $250 which I personally think is undervalued with that kind of population. I guess the real question is, do you think that the coin would typically sell at a higher price if PCGS listed it in the online PCGS price guide? No matter how accurate the price guide is, people do look at it and base buying decisions on what PCGS thinks.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    okay - lets say PCGS puts a $3000 price tag on it - like it does for some of the DCAM state quarters

you buy it for $1000 and think you got a great deal

who are you mad at in 6 months when you sell it and can only get $150-$250?
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    I get your point. I would just like PCGS to put a price on the coins it grades. Why do it for some and not others? Whether they value it too high or too low is not the issue with me. We may not agree with the prices in the PCGS guide but as a market leader PCGS bears some responsibility to make an effort to be consistent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file