Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When signing up for ebay, what does 'AVS failed for credit card authorization.' mean?

My mom wants to sign up to ebay to sell some stuff. We type in the credit card # and all the info, and it says "AVS failed for credit card authorization." and it won't let her sign up.

Any ideas?

- Kevin

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Any ideas? >>

Just a guess..Automatic Verification System?

The issuer is not acknowledging the card perhaps
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
    she tried 3 different cards, and they all declined... wtf? image
  • Options
    AVS is Address Verification System. AVS sends out the street address and ZIP code entered to the credit card issuer and sends back a response to the server if they are the same on file for your card. So, make sure you are entering the same street address and ZIP code linked to the credit card. If she recently moved, make sure the information has been updated with her credit card issuer.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Jack is correct. I answered your post on the Open Forum without seeing the post here.
  • Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
    umm... everything's filled out correctly and it still doesn't work... imageimage
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Is this a real credit card or a debit card from a checking account? Some things changed as of
    February 1st as the way debit cards are handeled. Like the 2 I have look like real credit cards
    but are debited from my checking accounts. Wal-Mart here now makes you put in your pin number
    if they are debit cards. This might have something to do with your problem.