What is wrong with this PCGS Slab?????

Comments

• VarlisVarlis Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    Who knows. Looks like the holder is still sealed. image
  • PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    i think the label just shifted, or was never right in the firstplace
    doesnt look cracked
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run across loose inserts in older holders before; I'm pretty sure this problem is why PCGS switched to the sticky dot of goo they use now.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭

<< <i>I've run across loose inserts in older holders before; I'm pretty sure this problem is why PCGS switched to the sticky dot of goo they use now. >>

I use that same stuff to hold up my underpants!
  • I have two PCGS slabs that are not tampered with (I submitted the coin) but the labels are misaligned. The folks at PCGS told me they will reslab at no charge but it may take a while.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that earlier when I was cruising eBay. First one I ever saw like that.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Alarm bells are ringing. Note in the pictures that the label is misaligned in both pictures, but by different amounts. In the front photo the label is so far out of place that it is touching the center depression where the coin is held but in the back photo it doen't drop that low. Also in the front photo the lower right corner is WELL outside of the label window, but in the back picture it is just slightly displaced. It almost looks like he had a coin that was previously graded and now has just laid a couple of shell halves over the coin and label. I might be possible to have a label so loose that it can flop around inside the shells but i really doesn't seem likely.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What is wrong with this PCGS Slab????? >>

the coin's still in it!

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file