Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coins still breaking through.

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tonight on The Simpsons (which I actually watch), Marge holds up a Sac dollar to show.
(Excellent episode by the way)

Last week there was a coin show on the CBS affiliate in Chicago. Sure, it was just the
states coins and was on at two in the morning, but who could have predicted this just
a few years ago. Even on broadcast TV one can find as many as four competing coin
shows on simultaneously.
Tempus fugit.

Comments

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is highly possible the Simpson's are the only ones who care for Sac's too.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did somebody say "breaking through"?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • VarlisVarlis Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is highly possible the Simpson's are the only ones who care for Sac's too. >>

Nope. That was the joke. Marge says something like: you can take one of these to the bank and exchange it for a real dollar!

• foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    My favorite is still the H-5-0 (Hawaii-5-0) episode entitled "The $100,000 Nickel" that features one of the '13 V-Nickels. At the time the nickel was owned by Worldwide Coin Investments, Chattanoga, TN. Is this one now owned by Legend?
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My favorite is still the H-5-0 (Hawaii-5-0) episode entitled "The $100,000 Nickel" that features one of the '13 V-Nickels. At the time the nickel was owned by Worldwide Coin Investments, Chattanoga, TN. Is this one now owned by Legend? >>

Yes
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    That simpsons was great. Marge holds up the Sac dollar and the kids say: "What is that a quarter? A Chuck E Cheese Token?"

Marge: No, its a Sacagewa Dollar, you can take it to the bank and trade it in for a real dollar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file