Home U.S. Coin Forum

what is your all time favorite coin

Mine is the drape bust dollar. I wish I had one.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer

Comments

• the SBA of coarse! image

no really i like franklins and kennedys/ variety coins
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    A PCGS 64 Silver Dollar some guy from Maine gave me!image
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    The first coin my wife gave me as a gift (back in 1978).

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    the seated Liberty Half Dime....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    1969 double die obverse lincoln cent....i've held one....sadly i don't own one
  • Large Centimage
    Glenn
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Hard to choose, but I'd say $5 Gold Indian
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    This was submitted to PCGS in Long Beach and now resides in an AU55 holder.

• MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Its gotta be the coin that almost was, the J 1988 or its sister, the J 1989.

What these patterns became ain't so shabby either.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <=== This One -- of the ones that I own!! MCMVII $20 Saint Gaudens High Relief of the ones I don't yet have !!

imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭
    So far its my 1829/27 Bust Half dollar MS64

Have you hugged your Bust today?
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brasher Doubloon
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Chain cents and bust dollars are pretty cool.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I have asked myself that question for years and still don't have a solid answer. Last week it was the Trade$ in MS. This week it's a dream for a Seated $ in MS. I think I may be shifting to the Peace $ for next week. I found a 34S in the group I've been searching and saw a sweet 22 in 7 and fell in love.

I don't even want to go through the pattern door.. it might lock behind meimage
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • My favorite coin that I don`t own and won`t unless I win a lottery is a $5 or $10 Turban Head Gold Eagle ( perferably the Small Eagle Reverse Type ).

My favorite that I do own is a 1879 - S graded MS66:

imageimage
  • Immunis Columbia

imageimage

I used to own this one, but the scratches on the obverse used to keep me up at night so I sold it.
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Barber half dollar.

I know that many do not fancy the barber series, but I cannot help that, I cannot help myself. I try to love other series, I try to buy morgans, walkers, merc's, standing Liberties, I purchase Seated coins, bust coins, large cents, small cents, but there is no staying power, no glue to keep me on.

I prefer the Barber half dollar.

Tyler
  • NicNic Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Lucy. K

• Pop of 1 image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Gaudens
    Michael
    Nic: Beautiful pastel toned sharply struck half dime!! image Thanks for sharing!! image I love that stars obv series!!!

Does she grade out as a 65 or 66? image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

• That I own, my 66 graded 92 S barber half.

That I wish I had an 1891 Barber pattern half or better yet the complete set.

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • BOTH THE PROOF PMM, AND THE SPIKED HEADED SAC INDIAN.
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    An original 1804 dollar. I've seen two or three (as well as 1 or 2 restrikes), and was lucky enough to actually hold one, although it was slabbed- the 1804 dollar in the King of Siam set.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <=== This one:

Cardinal: Your 1794 Flowing Hair Dollar's got my 1799 Draped Bust Dollar beat hands down for condition and rarity -- no contest!! image But mine's got prettier toning image

Stuart

• CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    It ain't a US coin.
    It is British. It's Una and the Lion. (No I don't have a picture but someone does)
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • I gotta copy fcloud, b/c it falls within my shortset confines, and is basically the most expensive coin for the set, except the 1945 in high MS-FB... but I consider the 41/1 to be the hardest to get for me, for my set... but in general, it's definately Mercurys, Barber Dimes are a close second (I love grey toned circ Barber Dimes), and the Uber-Awesome Morgan Dime pattern... *drool*
    -George
    42/92
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    are you kidding Stuart no bust and a goose on the rev. the bust is the #1 series for me not to say the flowing hair ain't nice

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one Which is for sale on eBay! To me this is the coin of coins! Edited to say that I'll probably never own one though. image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• VarlisVarlis Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    One of these:

• I love anything draped bust or flowing hair. I would say my flowing hair silver dollar is my favorite that I own, in part because it was a gift from my husband.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    1913 type 1 Buffalo nickel. In my opinion, the design is perfect on both the obverse and reverse.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    21 Peace dollar image
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fantasy coin is an 1838-O Half dollar...

My favorite coin design is the draped bust left half eagle...
  • flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    This one:

• coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great half dime.... great flowing hair dollar... great draped dollar... All are tremendous...
  • "Standard Issue" would most likely be my lovely 1867 No Rays Shield Nickel...

For Comems... My Oregan Trail Comem.
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Gobrecht Dollar and Flying Eagle Cents. For gold, any of the really early bust gold, or the flowing hair stella!!
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It ain't a US coin.
    It is British. It's Una and the Lion. (No I don't have a picture but someone does) >>

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Coiled Hair Stella!
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to go with the 1787 Brasher Doubloon with the punchmark "EB" on the breast. My all time favorite.

Seth
    Collecting since 1976.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file