Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ocala , Fl. coin show report

Went to the show yesterday,about an 80 mile ride from Orlando.Got there at 10 AM, the place was already busy.The show was listed as 40 dealers,and was full.All the dealers seemed in a good mood,
willing to talk coins,between deals.I met Bill Jones,he seems to be passionate about the coin business,had a good conversation with him .Saw one guy with a case full of PCI slabs,some red ones.Had a clear path to his table all day.I picked up a NGC MS63 1878cc Morgan with beautiful orange rim tone on the reverse,with a band of light red/pink next to it.If I can figure out my new camera,I'll try to take some pics,and post them here.I just can't seem to get the colors to show up.Overall a great day,I could have spent a bunch more.Guess I'll save up for the Lakeland show at the end of Feb.image
computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.

Comments

• Options
    As a dealer at the Ocala Show I was very happy with the turnout and business at the show on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, I could not stay for Sunday (which I almost always do at shows) so don't know what the turnout was on Sunday, but Friday and Saturday was busy and active. Only real complaint I had was the Ramada Inn. When I got my room reservation I asked for a nice quiet room as I am a very light sleeper. Got there and they gave me a room next to I-75 and the ramp going up to I-75 from Route 27. I've been at quieter drag strips then that room. The beds actually vibrated from all the truck traffic on the highway and semi's straining to get up the hill to the highway. Did get changed to a quieter room for the next night but it took some doing and the front desk wasn't very accomodating.

I was real happy with the show, the restaurant at the Ramada was decent, and we plan on being there next year.
    Ed Kuszmar - Florida Currency and Coins
  • Options
    mepotmepot Posts: 585 ✭✭✭
    Ed,
    I'm going to the Lakeland show,I'll have to figure out who you are.I probably saw you there,but would not recognize you.What table # are you at Lakeland.? Look forward to meeting you there
    computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! I like reading these!
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mepot: Thanks for sharing your show report with us!!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file