Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay changed my name without my permission?!?!?!

Whats going on ebay....you changed my ebay name without asking me? I thought that was my
decision, not yours!

Anyone else experience this? I find this very disheartening! What else can they do without
asking your permission?

Tony

Comments

• Options
    Tony,

Not to highjack your thread but did you see the latest issue of the SMR? It had a pretty nice article on Al Kaline in it.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Just wondering, but did your name have an email address in it? Ebay has been changing all of those, and warning everyone about it for some time now. If not, then I have no idea why they would do such a thing.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Was your ID an email address by any chance? I know they have been changing those on people to help cut down on the # of " account fishing" emails that eBay members get.

=edit=
    Beaten to the punch on the suggestion. Whoops!
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options

ebay no longer allows even "ataoldotcom" or something like that in the name, when you try it it comes up saying no symbols and says nothing about the spelled out words at and dotcom but it doesn't allow it
  • Options
    Make sure your account was highjacked. Maybe the thief changed your name?
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    We had to change our account id. Ebay had sent us a warning notice that they were no longer allowing id's that were an email address. If you had an id that was an email address then it had to be changed by Feb. 1 or they would do it for you and assign you a name of their choice. We got the notice on Jan. 30, so we just beat the deadline.
  • Options
    SORRY ALL! I missed the email from ebay explaining same.

Still....would have been nice to be notified and asked before
    it being done....I did see the article on Kaline in SMR....
    Was good for the most part. I had been bugging Joe for
    a long time to do an article on Kaline and he actually came
    through like he promised!

Thanks ALL who replied! image
  • Options

<< <i>SORRY ALL! I missed the email from ebay explaining same.

Still....would have been nice to be notified and asked before
    it being done....q]

Did you miss the email or not? You imply that eBay did, in fact, notify you of the change (and you missed it). Then you say that it would have been nice to be notified? I'm confused.