Home U.S. Coin Forum

1892 Morgan Grade opinions?

Hi all
just looking for opinions on the grade of this 1892 Morgan. Sorry it's the only pic.

MS61 look about right?

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    not much to go by in that picture except that from what is seen MS62 is the max. mike
  • wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. MS61, possible 62., nice coin!
  • BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

I concur....62

• TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    It's a Carson City. Would the graders give it a bump for that?

Thanks
    Tom
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One-sided grade (i.e. 60% of the total grade) is MS-61 shot 62.

What does the reverse of the coin (other 40% grading component) look like? image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • i'm playing the devil's advocate and saying 60
  • BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Tom,

I believe graders will bump a grade for: super-duper luser, exceptional eye appeal, or mirrored surfaces--not just b/c it's a cc. Judging by the pic i'd say you have a nice ms62. Depending on price, i'd seriously consider that coin...I believe 92cc's in ms are the most undervalued of all cc morgans.
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just grading by the obverse, it looks Ms-61 that might get the nudge to 62 because of the luster?

where is the rev photo?
  • TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Thanks for the comments all

The asking price was $300 bucks.

It doesn't look like it was cleaned or dipped from what I could see from the luster.

Tom
    I agree that 1892-CC's are undervalued. It's one of the holes in my MS CC set that I have yet to fill -- and I've got lots of duplicates of the others...

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

Trooper: That coin is being offered to you at 50% of Greysheet if it's truly at least MS-60. It's even a fair price as an AU-58.

If I were you I'd buy it! If you pass on it PM me the seller's info & I'll buy it for $300 if I think it's MS61/62!!

Stuart

• wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree, its a great deal.

• Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    If the tick marks on the face aren't too severe I'd go 63.
    I usually don't comment on other people's grade guesses but I think you guys are being a little too tough with the 61 & 62 grade. What am I missing?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file