Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Todays finds.....He he!

This is what I picked up today. I had to wait over an hour while Vince was buying some of this stuff. There are 3 great 65 SMS sets I'll make my mind up on next week.....Ken
.image
.image
.image
.image

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful coins. Are they certified? Where'd ya get 'em?
    GottaGetCoins

Currently attempting the 12 Coin US Gold Type Set and the 20th Century US Major Coin Type Set. Completed a Franklin Half Proof Set.
  • Options
    Damn that frankie looks good,I say DCAM.
    Formely known as kamehameha00
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    They sure look nice Ken! On the obverse of the Franklin what is that little line that connects the B and E above the head? mike image
  • Options
    what is that little line that connects the B and E above the head?...Just looked, as I had not seen it on the coin previously. It's not there now, so I would have to guess it was a piece of lint from my cotton gloves....
    .Where'd ya get 'em? ...Fresh out of Proof sets....Ken
  • Options
    Geez do you have a apartment above the coin shop? How the hell do you find so many every week?

I can think of a dozen reasons not to have high capacity magazines, but it's the reasons I haven't thought about that I need them.
  • Options
    I love the deep mirrors on the Franklin. It also has very nice frost.image
  • Options
    Geez do you have a apartment above the coin shop? How the hell do you find so many every week? ....He he! Basically, most of my weekends are only to two of the smallest coin shops around. The one shop, where I just picked these coins up, has only been around for a year. The other shop specializes in jewelry and he buys up the coins from estates he is also buying jewelry from. All proof sets from 1950-1971 are then set aside until Saturday morning for me to cherrypick first at greysheet price. Kinda blows some peoples theories about all estate finds out of the water doesn't it?...Ken
  • Options

<< <i>Geez do you have a apartment above the coin shop? How the hell do you find so many every week? >>

Ken, I agree!! You are starting to get a lot of us JEALOUS!!! image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Whats that whitish Cr$pp on Franklins face. Oh, thats right , its called frost.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Actually I also have to congratulate the coin shops for being able to keep bringing in such fine specimens for you to cherrypick

I can think of a dozen reasons not to have high capacity magazines, but it's the reasons I haven't thought about that I need them.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    This thread is 50% excellent.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    This thread is 50% excellent....Exactly what Lucy would probably say....Ken
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    all I found today was a set of Mich state quarter.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    the frankie is a lock cam, if the frost were a little more consistant and heavier in certain spots, dcam

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    oops
    almost forgot, excellent pickup indeed

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Thanks to all who responded....Ken
  • Options
    Nice!! Some of the smaller coin shops do, in fact, have "estate" finds and once in a while you can get some really good pieces at very fair prices. ebay "estate" items are another matter, however!

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    Nice coins Ken - you're going to get a rap just like Marty for picking up all these Frankies!image
  • Options
    nice
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins. How much are the SMS's?
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file