Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you think it will be impossible to find low grade key dates for my sons Lincoln Set?

I have been looking for about three months and so far no one has a...

09s vdb
14d
22 plain
31s

in good to very good.

Do they exist...if so WHERE?

morris <><

"Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
TEMECULA, CA 92590
(951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    14d. I have a VG one raw. they're out there.
    09sVDB probably easier to find in higher grades, not too much more expensive for VF
    22 plain not alot out there
    31S plentiful in higher grades, not much more expensive.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 14-D's should be out there. Just keep looking. In the case of the 09SVDB and the 31S the price differential may not be enough to really justify purchasing a lower grade specimen. In the case of the 22 Plain...why bother. It is just a mint error that has been heavily promoted over the years. When I collected Lincolns I never bothered with the 22 Plain.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well almost anything can be found if you throw enuf $$$ at it. Certain Morgans are much more readily found in MS than in nice AU.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can make three phone calls in my local area alone and get those dates in that grade range fairly easily with the exception of the 22 NoD. Those should be easy to get, in fact Ill bet several board members have extra's for sale. The 22 No D will be a little tougher to find nice in the lower grades, but still not that difficult.

Edited to add that the 31-s will probably have to be a min of a fine, as lower grades are actually quite tuff, since so many were saved.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file