Home U.S. Coin Forum

My wife has a clad bicentennial Ike I would grade at least m.s. 66 is it worth slabbing ?

My wife had a bunch of slider Ikes she bought for 2 dollars a coin from some scumbag telemarketer, I told her to spend them [which we recently did after we convinced the guy shoveling snow they weren't Canadian] image.

Anyway also in a drawer I found a raw 76 Bicentennial Ike with great luster & surfaces at least 66 quality but I know nothing about Ikes so is it worth slabbing or just to common ?

Les
The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.

Comments

• itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    If it's clad, well worth it. Minor room for gain if it is silver.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    why not a slab ain't going to hurt it any. it will be worth at lest $12.00

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭

<< <i>If it's clad, well worth it. Minor room for gain if it is silver. >>

I just looked, it's clad, what would it be worth if it 66'd ? If it 67'd ?

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check to see if it is type I or type II. The block lettering on the reverse is the key to distinguishing the difference. I believe the type ones are more desirable especially in a high grade. Did the coin come from a Mint Set?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Les,

If it graded MS67, you could buy a nice high-end computer system and get off Web TV. image

Russ, NCNE
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Any clad Ike in PCGS MS67 will bring 4 figures.

In 66, the order of difficulty making a 66 is

1976-P T1 (pop 19/0) Hardest
    1976-D T1 (pop 132/2)
    1976-P T2 (pop 233/8)
    1976-D T2 (pop 559/22) Easiest

I think a 76-D in MS66 now sells down in the $60 range. And a 76-P T2 is about $150-200. T1 ones higher, specially the P mint (over $500 I think)
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file