Home U.S. Coin Forum

Teletrade or Ebay...Which is better?

And why? Thanks!
GottaGetCoins

Currently attempting the 12 Coin US Gold Type Set and the 20th Century US Major Coin Type Set. Completed a Franklin Half Proof Set.

Comments

• Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    At least on sleazeBay you can see who is shilling you and for how much. That's why I don't do TeleTrade much.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Which is better? Really depends on whether you're the seller or the buyer. I think Teletrade is better for sellers, eBay better for buyers. eBay, even with all it's faults, is a much more open and honest venue than Teletrade.

Russ, NCNE
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    they both suck but I am stupid I use both

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    Ebay is better. There are no buyer's fees. Teletrade charges 10% plus the shipping is a bit high. Teletrade allows for shill bidders and allows the owner of the coin to directly bid on it. Sometimes I track several coins on a teletrade auction just to see how high they go. Often many are buybacks where the seller was bidding on the coin.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • I've seen a tendency for teletrade coins to go for much more then I've felt they shoud, which in my opinion points toward shills, and such naughtyness. But on the other hand, the chances of getting burned by the seller on Teletrade are smaller then on eBay. So it's a mix. Both have problems.

Myriads
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe that's why I feel as though I've overbid on Teletrade so often. I have loved 99% of the coins I've bid on, but they were all at the top of my maximum price for each coin.

Ebay has alot of inexperienced bidders and have driven up prices to outrageous levels. Don't get carried away at either auction venue. Set your limits and stick to them.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file