Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Re: Keep me signed in on this computer unless I sign out.

Is there any reason not to keep signed in on my computer? I really can't figure out the details of this feature from the eBay explanation.

Does this enable one to go right to the "My eBay" page while bypassing the sign-in page? What if someone else goes to the address of your sign-in page (from a different computer) with nefarious intent?

I'm sick of typing in my eBay password, dammit. Why doesn't the password just fill itself in, like it does for other sites that require a password? This never happens with IE. If I'm using Mozilla Firebird as my browser, sometimes the password is automatically entered.

Comments

• Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    some people use other people's computers to check their accounts

I may be at a friends house and would like to check on something (and maybe bid more) so I sign in on my account

Some people use computers at librarys or schools - you would not want to keep signed in
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Yes, but I'm talking about my own computer at home.

What changes in the way I access eBay, if I select Keep me signed in on this computer unless I sign out?
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭✭
    All it means is that you will not need to sign in to access "my ebay" and when you bid, you will not need your password, just click accept or whatever it is.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Your computer keeps your login on a cookie on your harddrive.
    It only recognizes your computer, just because you are signed in doesn't mean that anybody else can do your business under your account from any other computer. If you don't have a firewall to block people from accessing your computer most anybody can ping you and access your computer and read your cookie and get your log in info along with anything else you have on your computer. Yeah that's right, ANYTHING on your computer.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a security measure.
    All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file