Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where do sellers obtain all these wonderously toned coins?

Man. it can be difficult to come up with toned raw coins. Yet, this seller has two pages of coins, all toned, whether they are BU, Proof or circulated. Thankfully, that they all are common dates makes them affordable for little guys like me. Some sellers just seem to have a knack for coming up with toners, I guess. Never one to keep a good thing to myself, you are welcome to join in the bidding AT the following LINK. image

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask the seller a question like "Are your coins AT'D?"
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Unfortunately all of them are AT except this perfect specimen. image

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I buy a lot of slabbed toners from JBStevens... TBT is also a great source. The nice stuff is typicly already in a holder. Every once in a great while I'll see a decent (but not jaw dropper) raw toner at a show.

David
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    You can find "real" toned coins at major shows if you are willing to spend big bucks....this group probably did not cost big bucks.......... image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Ask Tonecoin2000image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say I just got two coins from him--I even ran them by Tom Bush (now on the NGC boards) who has lots of toned material--we both think they're real... then again, the colors are a little more subdued...

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    I fortunately stumble on them from time to time, and yes Jason has some nice ones. I picked up an awesome (I need to learn to take pics) toned '67FB merc from him at the FUN show. It's the prettiest toned merc I've seen.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    tonecoin2003 is chemical

this guy is minitorch
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Yet, this seller has two pages of coins, all toned, whether they are BU, Proof or circulated. Thankfully, that they all are common dates makes them affordable for little guys like me. Some sellers just seem to have a knack for coming up with toners, I guess. Never one to keep a good thing to myself, you are welcome to join in the bidding AT the followin >>

Let's analyse this from a logical progression & see what we find.

1. Not a single coin is graded by a reputable grading service.
    2. Every coin is a common coin that can be purchased at very reasonably prices untoned and they are readily available.
    3. They all seem to have a similar "look".
    4. The colors seem to look "thick" and un-natural.

I sure a more detailed analysis of those coins would yield even more factors that would indicated toning of a questionable nature.
    While no single factor would require a conclusion of AT, adding them together seems to eliminate NT.

JMHO
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    Russ, is that set up sold next to the Easy Bake ovens?
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    the gas grill works good for meimage

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file