Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody collect Redbooks?

ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
When collecting Redbooks do you want to keep the little round price tag on the cover or should it be removed? It seems that the adhesive on the tag will only damage the cover.
Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Comments

• Options
    If it is a permanent sticker, I leave it on. Steve
  • Options
    None of mine have them still attached. Got 'em back to 1963.

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    I've got them all except for the last 3 years. I'm thinking of putting them up on ebay. Don't know if I will do it individually or as a set. I know, I'm lazy. Steve
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to sell the early ones individually and the later ones in groups i.e. 1980-1989.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    The redbook discusses itself as a collectible. It's always right at the end of the book. P. 344 in my 2004 spiral-bound copy.
    Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    I think I've left the stickers on. I have about 20 or so, with the earliest being '63 or so.

This is a great book to read once in a while. While the specific pricing info is not useful, using even the pricing info in a genral since ansd comparing it to different years does give you some insights. There is a lot of other useful tidbits you pick up when reading through it.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the 3rd edition from 1949 which is my oldest.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file