Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Pit .com

All this talk about etopps and how it sucks i agree. I made a couple of bucks when i first got in it. But the way they distribute the cards most of the time you only get 1 or 2 of the order. So it sucks.

As for the Pit i have lost my a$$ over there. It really is the pits!!!

Any of you guys make money on the Pit?

Comments

• Options
    Only on Felix Pie...and losses on every other card.
  • Options
    There are some cards that you can make money on if you pick them right. It's not jsut the pit though, for the most part the cards have similar prices on ebay so it all depends on the card market. I bought a lot of graded baseball cards at the end of last season and now they are starting to rise in value, ie: guerrero 95 bowmans. I also bought a lot of rudi and chad johnsons 2001 finest rcs at the beginning of last football season as well, made some good money there.

Naturally I have lost money on a lot of cards as well but in the past year or so I'm up a little bit on the pit. You can also make some good money by buying cards for cheap on the pit and selling on ebay. I got 2 1980 topsp psa 8 henderson rcs for 35 each on the pit sold them for around 60 a piece on ebay.

It can be good if you pick your right spots and look for undervalued cards. I thought Andruw Jones psa 10s were a steal at 75 on the pit I guess I was wrong on that one though. It is fun to do though and you don't have to worry about the hassle of being outbid on ebay.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    You're going to end up having the last laugh, though, on those Andruw Jones'. He's beneath the radar now, but he's going to finish his career in the top 20 all time in HR's, and probably end up with a room full of Gold Gloves. If I had to invest in any player who's RC was released post '90, he'd be the one.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I agree with boosports. I am no braves fan but andruw jones is only 26 years old. if he stays healthy he might wind up hitting 700 home runs. His cards in about id say 4 years are going to jump off the charts. when he hits 30 years old he will be nearing 375 home runs on his current pace. he might even start cracking 50 a year when he matures even more as he gets older.I have a couple of his rookies ungraded in screwdowns.