Home Q & A Forum
Options

AOL Server and Blocked E-Mail

Hi David,

I have just run into a problem with AOL where Im not receiving e-mails from certain domains. I was wondering if you have been getting a lot of bounced e-mail?

So far I haven't gotten a straight answer from AOL as to what or why this is going on. What really ticked me off is that they lowered my rates to $14.95 a month from $23.95!!! I would never have found out I was due that price unless I had called! Grrr!image

I noticed now that Heritage as a link saying AOL is not delivering their mail either. Im looking for some more cannon fodder for when I do get thru to AOL.

Thanks,
Larry
Dabigkahuna

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Larry,

In the past year, AOL has instituted a number of measures to try and prevent SPAM from being delivered to AOL members. Unfortunately, because of the aggressiveness in which AOL is scanning email, a number of legitimate email is also getting blocked.

Here's some informatiom from AOL regarding the problem.:

http://postmaster.aol.com/trouble/trouble.html

Http://postmaster.aol.com/info/index.html

At CU we've worked with AOL postmasters to insure that our mail servers are whitelisted and are able to send email to AOL members without a problem. If you are an AOL member and are having difficulty with other domains (you mentioned Heritage.com as an example), you need to contact the administrator of those domains so that they can contact AOL to troubleshoot the problem.

David