Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Unacceptable Authenticators on eBay....

<< <i>Many users may have heard about a federal investigation by the FBI and United States Attorneys' offices in San Diego and Chicago into forgeries of sports autographs and certificates of authenticity that may have been falsely issued in connection with sports autograph sales. As a result of that case, eBay will not permit any use of certificates of authenticity on its site that have been issued by "SCAA", "J. Dimaggio Co.", "Universal Inc.," "Universal Memorabilia," "Sports Management Group," "Stan's Sports," "Pro Sports," "Pro Sports Memorabilia," "Dave Niedema a.k.a. Dave Madiema," "Steve Ryan," "North Shore Sports," "Sport Card Kid Hunting Beachor," "Forensic Document Services-Robert Prouty," "R.R.'s Sports Cards & Collectibles," "All-Sports Cards & Memorabilia," "Sports Alley Memorabilia," "Slamdunk Sportscards Memoribilia,"Universal," "Donald Frangipani," "Sports Management Group," "Stans Sports Memorabilia," "W.W. Sportscards & Collectibles," "SCCA / Front Page Art Angela-John Marino," "J. Dimaggio Company," "Legends Sports Memorabilia," "Classic Memorabilia," or "Hollywood Dreams". Any listings that refer to examinations or certificates of authenticity from these companies will not be allowed.

Further, in an unrelated matter, eBay has learned that hundreds of certificates of authenticity originally issued by autograph authenticator Donald Frangipani have been fraudulently copied or altered. Until further notice, eBay will not permit any use of certificates of authenticity on its site that have been issued by Donald Frangipani. Listings that refer to examinations or certificates of authenticity from Mr. Frangipani will not be allowed.

Finally, eBay has learned that forensic examiner Robert Prouty and a company known as Forensic Document Services caused a number of certificates to be issued based upon only limited, "cursory" reviews of autographs. Based upon information from the N.Y. Department of Consumer Affairs, federal law enforcement and Mr. Prouty, it appears that these limited reviews were not sufficient to provide meaningful assurances about the authenticity of the autograph. As a number of items issued with such certificates may be forgeries, eBay will not permit any such limited certificates of authenticity issued by Robert Prouty or Forensic Document Services to be used in any way on eBay. Any listings that refer to examinations or certificates of guarantee or authenticity from Mr. Prouty will not be allowed.

policies/eBay >>

Skip
I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
TUSTIN CA