Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    rule 1 - if it ain't graded, don't buy it. (there is a reason it is not in a slab!!)

rule 2 - there is NO guarantee that is the card you will get.
    (even it THAT ONE SHOWN is REAL they can still send
    you a fake that looks like it and you would not know
    the difference.)

rule 3 - if it seems to good to be true... it almost always is.

~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to sell super quick because of some unforeseen circumstances.

Why doesn't he just overnite it to PSA and make a whole lot more $$?image
    Mike
  • Options
    How can you tell the difference between a real Jordan rookie and the fake one?
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    The fake ones look good, but they don't feel as good as the real ones.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    There are at least 4 types of counterfeit Jordan rookies. All of which really need to be examined in person and not a scan.

#1 - Examine the Fleer logo in the upper right. On a genuine card, the red crown, yellow pattern and black "Premier" are made up of solid colors. On the counterfeit, these elements contain a dot structure rather than a solid colors. Also, the Fleer logo on the reverse should be more purple for a genuine card than blue on a counterfeit one.

#2 - Also in the Fleer logo in the upper right, The word "Premeir" appears fuzzy. This is once again made up of a dot structure instead of a solid color. Also, The NBA logo on the lower right on the reverse appears to be muddy on a counterfeit. A real card, you should be able to see the basketballs seams.

#3 - On the reverse lower left, the trademark R (in a circle) below the NBA trademark should be clearly visible as an R. The counterfeit appears to be more of a blob.

#4 - The most difficult to detect. The front is almost perfect. You need to check the reverse. Most noticeably, the two vertical pink bars in the middle of the card which contain the stats for the games, field goal percentage, etc. are much too light on a counterfeit. Examination with a magnifying glass, will also reveal differences in the blue numbers and letters. On the counterfeit, the ink will appear to have bled causing feathery edges to the numbers and letters, and some clogging of letters like the G of Chicago.

The best thing is to buy one already graded. Hope this helps.

Best Of Luck,

Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
  • Options
    I agree with Stone, why would the seller not invest just a small amount to get the card graded and guarantee the profit of thousands? I dont buy the time issues excuse, who wouldn't wait 5-6 weeks for just about guarenteed 5-6 thousand more, that is if the card is real...
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    Come on!
    This kid has only sold 5 times
    and if you look at his feedback from the Buyers
    you will see some of the other WINNING Items
    that he has managed to pawn off on an unsuspecting
    public!

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Seems he has a change of heart and now says he will get it graded.I dont really know if it was a fake but i agree why would you not get it graded.If i had one i certainly would get it graded if i knew i could fetch maybe 6,000 for a psa 10 or maybe 900 for a psa 9 instead of a couple hundred.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Or who knows maybe I might even keep it. >>

Good morning! He seems to be trying to cover his a$$; but this is thinly veiled - why would he say maybe I'll just keep it - I thought he was willing to take less because he needed the dues? Whatever - the more important thing is that someone obviously tipped him off and now he seems to be running scared. Good job jilljoe2001!!! Someone had commented that sometimes there a bit too much bickering on the boards, that not withstanding, this type of time-consuming detective work saves others a lot of money. In my opinion this was a job well done!image
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Thats why I've decided to stop the auction tonight so that I can later put it back up graded. That way I can get rid of alot of skepticism. >>

I guarantee you that it will NOT be in a PSA/BGS/SGC/GAI holder!
    Expect a PRO holder or something like that,
    IF we ever see it at all!

(or he has another ebay id he will just sell it under...)
    imageimage