Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANACS turn around time for economy service

Just curious how long it usually takes to receive coins back from ANACS if economy service is used. I sent them my first coins to be graded a couple of weeks ago and was not sure what to expect.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    About three months.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I was hoping you are kidding but thinking you may not be. I guess the anticipation will be worth the wait.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my last regular economy shipment it took 6-7 weeks. On my last Modern economy shipment it took almost 3 months. These submissions went in in the Aug.-Sept. period of last year.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    My last order was received Nov 17 and I received it in my mailbox around Jan 17, 2004; so about 8 weeks.

Doug
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9-10 weeks

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    My last took 9 weeks!
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    I just gave them 6 coins at Long Beach and for $13.00 each they will deliver them to me at St. Louis next week.

It was a show special.
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I'd pony up the few extra bucks and use anacs 10-day for $15/coin rather than economy service. Anacs 10-day is still half the price and half the time (anacs doesn't exclude show days) of a PCGS regular submission.

However, if I were to send economy, I'd use pcgs over anacs. pcgs economy may be a little faster, and for just a few extra dollars, i'd rather have my coins in a pcgs holder. (unless your submission is very large then there are added benefits to anacs)
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Just got an economy batch back yesterday....took 11 weeks!
    Was still worth it!image

Gandyjai
  • Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    ANACS web site has been down two or three days. Anyone know why? Thanks.
    <html />

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file