Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

He complained about my shipping charges.

I just completed a transaction for a card. Its selling price was just over $60. My shipping charge was $3 and an extra $2 if he wanted insurance. I always ship wrapped in 2 layers of cardboard and use delivery confirmation. The buyer emailed me that it was outrageous to pay that much for shipping. I reminded him that it was in my listing and if he did not want to pay that much, he could have not bid. He said I was right and he would send payment.

Yesterday I received his payment. A postal money order ($0.85) in a regular envelope. This envelope was in a Priority Mail envelope ($3.85) with delivery confirmation ($0.45).

He spent $4.30 to send payment and complained about my shipping?image

Comments

• Your shipping rate seemed reasonable to me.

Some sellers do charge high rates, but it is simple to factor in your bid accordingly. For example, if your willing to bid 10.00 on a card with fair shipping rates, and you see the same card on e-bay advertised by a seller and you feel his/her shipping rates are about 1.00 too high, then be willing to bid 9.00 for the card---I think it's that simple.

Seller think they are making money but having high shipping rates and/or no paypal. But in theory, having fair shipping rates with paypal option, attracts more bidders and more bidders mean higher prices realized for the cards advertised for sale IMO.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i charge $2.95.. I ship in a sturdy bubble mailer, delivery confirmation, etc.. Insurance $1.30 extra.. some people dont realize your time, envelopes, delivery confirmation, postage etc is all valuable.. i think $2.95 or $3 is a very fair price.. this doesnt even take into consideration the screw downs, team set bags, top loads, card savers, snap tight cases etc that the actual cards are shipped in.
    ·p_A·
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    My shipping charge is $3.00 for graded cards and $2.00 for ungraded cards. Usually it runs about $2.75 and $1.67 at the Post Office when I ship them.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • That guy is an idoit!
  • Your good to go on your rates. He's just being a cheap-a$$.
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)