Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FUN auction Rainbow Morgan I received a few days ago...

NGC MS-65*

Thanks for looking,

Doug
Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Comments

• Options
    That is an amazing coin. My husband (not a collector) was looking over my shoulder and even he was totally floored by this one. WOW!
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool coin.image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    That's a cool obverse, but was it minted in Philadelphia, New Orleans, Carson City, or San Francisco? The latter would be way cool LOL

Sunnywood
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭

<< <i>That's a cool obverse, but was it minted in Philadelphia, New Orleans, Carson City, or San Francisco? The latter would be way cool LOL

Sunnywood >>

Philly, sorry about that...
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Whooops!

I need my shades for that one, Crazy Man Crazy!

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice colors image

How's the luster on that baby?
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

<< <i>Nice colors image

How's the luster on that baby? >>

The luster is not terrific but a bit better than the pics show. The color and grade are nice though.

<< <i>Whooops!

I need my shades for that one, Crazy Man Crazy! >>

Thanks LucyBop - great picture of you!

Doug

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    STUNNING!

Any color on the reverse?
  • Options

<< <i>STUNNING!

Any color on the reverse? >>

No, all white. I don't have that pic stored on my home PC...it is at work, sorry.

Thanks for the comment though!

Doug
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    awesome - what auction you get it at?

(actually what I am curious about is how much does one like that go for)
  • Options

<< <i>awesome - what auction you get it at?

(actually what I am curious about is how much does one like that go for) >>

Thanks for your comment! Won it in the Heritage auction at the FUN show (internet winner). I usually don't talk prices, sorry...absolutely no offense intended. image

Doug
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    none taken - I checked Heritage before posting, and again -> still can not find it

you have some beautiful coins in your store
  • Options

<< <i>none taken - I checked Heritage before posting, and again -> still can not find it

you have some beautiful coins in your store >>

Well, that could be true...I also had a person buying for me on the floor so I could have gotten this mixed up with a floor purchase.

Thanks for the compliment on my store! I am having fun with it.

Doug
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coins! I have enjoyed looking at them and the ones you have for sale in your ebay link but I have noticed a couple of days after you do a thread about a coin here the coin shows up for sale in your ebay link- some might think you are self promoting your coins here? Sorry but that's the way I see it. Maybe wait seven days for it to sell then post it? mike
  • Options
    gemtone65gemtone65 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
    This is a very lovely coin, and the 1884-p is quite scarce with nice color. About one percent of the 1,000,000 coins in the Illinois Continental bank hoard were of this date. This particular coin did not come form the Heritage FUN auction sale -- there was no such coin offered. Given the characteristics seen and stated, one could surmise that the coin is valued at between $600-$1200.
  • Options
    pretty!
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file