Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Retaliation negative feedback

I had a recent buyer back out of a $305 dollar deal 1 hour after the auction ended. He wanted to pay at the end of the month and I did not accept that offer. I told him he should have emailed be before bidding to request if he could pay at the end of the month. The buyer backed out of the deal after that.

I have left this user a negative on Ebay. He has recently received 3 negatives for pulling off the same crap (backing out of deals…Paypal only allows him $300 every month).

My question is, if this guy slams me with a negative will it get removed? I have his emails stated how he backed out of the deals. I even sent all the information to Ebay about this guy and they still have not responded (way to go Ebay!)

Just curious if anybody has had a problem like this. This guy needed a negative so other sellers have a chance to pull his bid.
CB4

Comments

• Options
    way off topic, but did you ever realize the guy in your jpeg icon takes 4 steps before he dunks?? his dunk starts behing the 3 point line and he never even dribbles....gotta love the nba's rules enforcement.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    True on the dunk. It makes me sick what some of the NBA players get away with. I've seen Kobe take 5 steps....Iverson do a dance and run into a player to get the call....Shaq push everyone out of the key and elbow them if they are in there...

That's the game...what can you do....
    CB4
  • Options
    Vince-

Sorry to say, but ebay does not remove feedback unless they are given a court order to do so. I recently had a 1k transaction where a guy didn't pay and I negged him. He retaliated, but then stated he RECEIVED the item and said the item was counterfeit. I never sent it, HE DIDN'T PAY!

I sent emails to ebay's customer service?? (ROFLMAO on that term) and they said that my only option was to go through square trade and pay the twenty.
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options
    as someone else stated, square trade's the only option in this case. Sad but true. I had my 1 and only negative come from a buyer who claimed an item was damaged in transit yet never contacted me, refused to provide any proof, and did NOT buy insurance. In my auction, I had stated "item is mint at the time of packaging and shipping (defined as "no noticeable discoloration, creases, dinged corners, rough edges, fading, chipping, etc.). cannot guarantee item will NOT be damaged in transit if insurance is NOT purchased." i looked at this buyer's feedback for others and of the 4 transactions he had completed at the time, he had left negatives on 3 claiming the items weren't mint. does ebay take this into consideration? no. has it hurt my reputation (feedback's 99.7%)? no. i think (or like to) that most buyers do what i do- review your most recent transactions, look at the negatives, evaluate the feedback of the person who left the negative, and then decide to bid.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I would not worry about retaliation feedback - if it happens, explain your case.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the 'carry' the ball rule where players could not dribble by going under the ball to dribble. It is not even called anymore.
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    Square Trade...join...pay your $20 extortion and negative is gone.

As they say, "if you can't beat em, join em".

Don't be Don Quixote tipping at windmills...Ebay cannot hear you ! It is deaf, dumb and blind to all injustice.

Square Trade...thats the ticket !!!

Rainman, I know you to be a good seller and your reputation is safe . I know the negative hurts, especially when unjustified. Square Trade is your only protection. ....and yes, its like paying protection.
  • Options
    I think it's about time Ebay fixed this problem. If you have proof (emails, receipts etc) and you can prove that you were not at fault then the negative should be removed. Simple as that. Why should you have to pay $20?!?!?!

Either way, I think I've been on ebay long enough to not fear the "negative". If I get it then I will contact Ebay once again and let them know what I think of their practices.
    CB4
  • Options
    why would ebay want to fix this problem?

for them to be able to look into each complaint, sift through all the evidence, make a decision as to who is right, etc....it would take MANY MANY REAL LIVE EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE TO BE PAID!!!

this would cut into their 100% profit that they currently receive from the completely computer operated system
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey ranch do you use image when you do this....image

Maybe that's why your cards get so many funky stains and you have to get them graded KSA with the (ZIT) qualifier.

CB4
  • Options
    vince, email me at setregistryy@aol.com. I may be able to help you.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    With square trade, I see no difference between them and the mob. Its like "ok, if you don't like the mob, then don't do business with them." Does one really have a choice? Not yet. It would be nice if The Recycler would make an auction site of their own as competition.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>way off topic, but did you ever realize the guy in your jpeg icon takes 4 steps before he dunks?? his dunk starts behing the 3 point line and he never even dribbles....gotta love the nba's rules enforcement. >>

Thanks much for this post! I had a bad day and this made me howl! The timing was perfect!

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    Use negatives to your advantage. When you get one, reply inteligently and honestly and it will work to your advantage. There is not a retailer in the world that has not had a complaint from someone. It's all in how you handle it.