Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated Many Photos in My Registry Set

I've taken many photos with my new macro lense and updated a bunch of the photos in my type set. All the ones that come up 4 inches square are new. I've only gotten up into the dimes. One thing I've notices, the camera makes copper with any remaining red look much more red than it is.

Please let me know what you think!

My 1792-1964 CNS Type Set
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Not even a sympathy post!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    cool stuff...
  • Options
    No Flowing Hairs? I'm disappointed... oh well, still a lot of nice coins in there! Coolness Factor of 10! image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Think about what? The pictures? I can see you are having trouble with some of the copper but alll in all they don't look too bad. The 1803 & 1804 cent & ½ cent picture is kinda bad but the Flying Eagle made a great picture.
    All your early silver & nickel stuff looks red or gold, including the plastic of the holder. Like your 1862 Seated Dime says Deep Blue but it looks burnt orange to me. If you say it's toned blue I want to see blue.
    The circ silver looks good but the 1807 Bust Quarter for example, should have all the extra slab cropped out so that coin fills up the whole window.
    The PCGS Reg is really hard to work with pictures. I hate the way you have to c&p the obv & rev picts together because there is only 1 picture window.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Pictures are ok, but there is plenty of room for improvement. First, set the white balance to the lighting source, i.e. incandecent for incandecent, sun light for sun light. Your pictures are too red.

Next, go for the maximum size (100k) for each picture. The larger, the better, making sure they are optimized for the internet. No bmps/gifs, only jpgs.

Third, keep working on taking pictures in focus. Hard to appreciate the coins if they are blurry.

Here's link to my type set. Compare and contrast your pictures to mine.

I know I have a way to go to catch up to Shylock or Anaconda.

Tom
    Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file