Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This is my first submission to PCGS???

Does the Postage and handling chart on the back include insurance. Example, Declared value of my 4 coins is 1000.00, the fee is 15.00. Does this cover it all???

Comments

• Options
    Poppin the cherry, good luck...yes includes insurance
  • Options
    Yes. The $15 fee covers return shipping and insurance based on your declared value. However, you'll need to pay the cost of insurance to USPS for shipping it there, so just in case USPS would happen to lose it (in a perfect world this never happens), you could regain your losses.
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help.....Adam from Miamiimage
  • Options
    sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT SEND COINS VIA REGULAR, INSURED MAIL. My submission was stolen that way. Use registered insured mail, which is a more of the pain in the arse to prepare but it's better, cheaper and safer. There are some restictions with registered mail (no bubble envelope allowed). Here's what I do. At the larger post offices or office stores (Office Max etc.) You can buy video cassete envelopes (a small cardboard box one for $1.99 at post offce or 5 for 5.99 at office store) put your coins in with some padding (bubble wrap) and seal the box. Now here's the tough part. You HAVE TO seal the box. You cannot use regular tape. You have to get special paper tape. I recommed that you let your postmaster do it the first time for you so you can learn how to do it correctly. (BTW you can get this tape in the office store as well). Registered costs about 10-14 dollars to mail/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file