Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting Ebay transaction

In the time that I have been using Ebay I have not had any problems as a buyer or a seller until recently. I won an auction for a TJ Ford card that was under $2 and the shipping was more than the card. I paid that night via Paypal (January 2nd) and never saw the card. I politely e-mailed the buyer to say that I did not receive the card and he told me it went out on the 14th. I waited 10 days until the 24th and still no card so I e-mailed him again telling him to either send the card or refund my money.

The next day or so he credited my Paypal account for the amount of the transaction, and I have yet to post feedback on this one. He e-mailed me to tell me that he had a heart attack and was not able to get stuff out and that his wife was supposed to. While I would like to take people at their word this one does not pass the smell test. No communication on the card, stated he shipped it on the 14th (12 days after the lot ended) never got the card.

His user name is Kupickova and although I got the $$ should I neg him for this one?
"Why is it that Superman could stop a bullet with his chest, yet he ducked when somebody threw a chair at him?"
"
" Go ahead and get your fancy barely visible cell phones that get the internet, play DVD's, and can speak 5 languages. As for me and my Atari cell phone it works, it weighs 7 pounds, it is 14 inches long, and it looks like I could call in an airstrike from a remote desert it is so large!"

Comments

• Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Let it go - $2????
  • Options

<< <i>...card that was under $2 >>

<< <i>The next day or so he credited my Paypal account for the amount of the transaction >>

<< <i>although I got the $$ should I neg him for this one? >>

Good grief!!!
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    Please! Can you prove he is not telling the truth? You got your $2 back. Go on down the road!
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    There was obviously a problem since the card did not arrive. There could be valid reasons for it or even lousy reasons for it. You contacted the seller and the bottom line is that the seller gave your money back.

He deserves a positive feedback from what you say. Buyers basically just want to know if a seller will come through and try to make things good if a mishap happens.

I personally can care less if a card arrives damaged or not at all if the seller is willing to make things right.
    I am critical of the sellers that ignore you if something goes wrong.

Just relax and go ahead and bid on something else you want. Case closed.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    I rarely sell on ebay. Last June, I listed about 30 1967 cards. The day the cards closed, I was admitted to hospital for kidney stones. Never been in the hospital before. My wife emailed all buyers (many from this board) with details. Life sometimes happens.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Jerster/Habs/Mueller - thanks for the kind replies. I think you need to re-read my original post again. My post clearly stated that after repeated tries it took almost a month to get some type of resolve or communication on the deal. I believe in taking the high road and giving people the beneift of the doubt which I did in this case.

When a seller posts feedback three days after the auction but states that he did not ship the card until 12 days after the auction ends that seems a little slow. When after a month goes by and the card is still not received that also seems strange. I did not question whether or not his illness was legit, but I did find it strange that while he could not ship anything due to his condition he did find the time to ship 15-20 cards and post feedback for other winners during that same time period - check for yourself.

I am going to not leave any feedback because while he did make good on refunding my $$ it was only after several weeks went by and numerous attempts to resolve the matter on my part. The purpose of feedback is to rate ebay buyers and sellers so others can judge whether or not they want to do business in the future with them. While giving someone a neg for something that is not legit I don't agree with the other side and letting people slide so they can do this to others does not sit well either.

Let it go - $2???? - Whether it is $2 or $200K if someone does not hold up their end of the deal what difference does the dollar amount make? That is like rating how your wife cheated on you - there is no degree just the fact of whether it happened or not. Maybe the next time this happens you will be on the other end and deal with it the way you deem appropriate.
    "Why is it that Superman could stop a bullet with his chest, yet he ducked when somebody threw a chair at him?"
    "
    " Go ahead and get your fancy barely visible cell phones that get the internet, play DVD's, and can speak 5 languages. As for me and my Atari cell phone it works, it weighs 7 pounds, it is 14 inches long, and it looks like I could call in an airstrike from a remote desert it is so large!"
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    """"That is like rating how your wife cheated on you - there is no degree just the fact of whether it happened or not. Maybe the next time this happens you will be on the other end and deal with it the way you deem appropriate.""""

Please if you catch mine take pictures so i can keep my house and kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuhlmann

That was a good one! Take my wife....please!!!image

slvnumber2

You make a strong point about the principle of something-I agree with that!

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I am very fortunate that I have a very nice and attractive wife, and the best part is that she goes with me to the Nationals every year and enjoys it. I get to hear phrases that very few men ever hear - '"why don't you go ahead and get that card since you want it?" It sounds even better when she is referring to a HDTV 60" Sony too!

Best advice I ever received from an older married man " if you ever think about cheating on your wife first go purchase a chain saw. Then cut everything you own in half and see how good your mistress looks afterwards!"
    "
  • Options
    slvnumber2

I think the humor was directed at your analogy and not personal - it's kinda like either you're pregnant or not - there's no degree - you made a really good point on principle and I agree. But as long as we are on a topic of what is discussed and how we respond - I can tell you that being new, I don't feel, at times, I may be taken seriously. In fact, I was attacked for agreeing with someone where the same topic was being discussed in another thread and this person stayed out of their way because these individuals had posts in the thousands! I don't think it is fair to characterize what you say - you asked for an opinion NOT judgement on what you were referring to - I wonder if that person would talk to you FACE to FACE like that!

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone: people that have posts in the 1000's tells me one thing - someone has way too much time on their hands to be spending that much time at a PSA board. If a person has one post or 2000 it is the content of their post and how they present the facts over " this is my 611th post so I know more." If I have 400 moronic posts that only makes me more experienced at dumb posts.

I like the face to face comments and they better grab something stable because I got a Thighmaster for Christmas and as Kenny Banya says on Seinfeld "I'm huge!"
    "
  • Options
    slvnumber2

I hear dat!image

Mike

By the way is that KFC spicy?
    Mike
  • Options
    I like my chicken spicy! Also, the ocean called and they are all out of shrimp - if you don't watch Seinfeld it won't make much sense.
    "
  • Options
    Number2

"You know, George, the ocean called. They're running out of shrimp."
    "Oh yeah, Riley? Well, the jerk store called. They're running out of you!"
    "What's the difference? You're their all-time best seller."

Riley and George

Mikeimage
    Mike
  • Options
    "Oh yeah? Well I slept with your wife!"
    "
  • Options

slvnumber2

My wife is in a coma....image

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I guess she is not coming to my Newmanium party then is she?
    "
  • Options
    slvnumber2

I guess it depends on when you think the new Millenium is?

Mikeimage
    Mike
  • Options
    I guess I have to cancel Christopher Cross for my party.

"What am I going to do with all of this ice? What kind did you get? Cubes. Oh that's good stuff"

That one was on last night and could be one of all time classics - George trying to get fired by the Yankees eating strawberries in Babe Ruth's uniform, Elaine yelling out Cinco de Mayo sales commision bye-bye-o, and Jerry moving up on the speed dial.

" You have screwed me for the last time Pennypacker"
    "
  • Options

Oh, yeh!!!

Mike

by the way if you have a millenium party in 2000, is the party one year late or actually one year "early?"
    Mike
  • Options
    I would say this thread has been officially hijacked. Then again I started it so it is my plane. I have still yet to meet a girl tell me they are real and they are spectacular!
    "
  • Options
    Air traffic control says the airways are pretty clear - the plane seems pretty empty and hey, like you said, it's your dime! Was that Sidra who got pissed off? I think Janet - halftime - said MINE are spectacular!....I don't know about the real part? Maybe we better put this thing to bed. It WAS fun. By the way, I like Raymond also - not as spicy but pretty good... And now back to our regularly televised game - what was the score?image
    Mike