Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay alert - dishonest seller

Be on the lookout for ebay seller, ra-15, email addy richieallen15@aol.com aka Premier Sports of Dresher, PA.

I won an auction from him last month. Auction description stated "shipping $8 for PRIORITY MAIL" (on a $48.99 item), for a total of $56.99.

He emails me requiring $57.99. I respond with correct total.

He emails me again, "$56.99 for MO---$57.99 for paypal

I paid the extra buck, figuring I've got him on a violation. Since he charged an extra $1.00 for paypal, I submitted a seller violation alert to ebay.

Today the package arrived, not by PRIORITY MAIL, as stated and paid for, but with $1.38 postage.

I'm also gonna neg him even though he will undoubtedly retaliate against me, as he has held feeback hostage until I post first.

Comments

• Options
    Send him an email ask about it first. maybe it could of been a mistake. I doubt it, but ask 1st.

G
  • Options
    I did just that, asking for a partial refund of shipping fees. Haven't heard back.
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    expose the scum
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I would have to agree...barring an apologetic reply (doubtful), I would neg him, and mention why very clearly in the explanation to hopefully warn future buyers. Unfortunately, be prepared for the retaliatory neg from him, which is unfair to you.
  • Options
    Toppsgun,

Give that crook the neg he deserves.

Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it proper for the seller to leave feedback first as soon as they get the money? So many sellers now don't give feedback first and I hate that. It is blatantly saying they are going to retaliate if we are unhappy and complain, even on legitimate reasons.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    DG, the good sellers leave it right away. I leave feedback the day i ship the item, also helps me organize. The guys that expect problems will hold you hostage.
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    The ebay feedback system is flawed, but we all know this.

Unfortunately, such con artist sellers are rarely exposed due to buyers valuing their own feedback over the greater good. Its a shame future ebayers are ripped off due to previous buyers lacking the courage to call a spade a spade.

Luckily, from what we know of TG, this seller will get the negative he deserves (regardless of the retaliatory negative surely to follow).
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    As an update, the seller has agreed to refund $4 of the overcharge for not using PRIORITY MAIL as he promised, but ONLY IF I POST POSITIVE FEEDBACK FIRST.

I told him that was feedback hostage and I will only post feedback when and if his side of the contract is fulfilled.

You all know what is coming and theBobs is an erudite man. My principles are much more valuable to me than some scrawny little negative feedback on my ebay record.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>DG, the good sellers leave it right away. I leave feedback the day i ship the item, also helps me organize. The guys that expect problems will hold you hostage. >>

That is soooooo true.
  • Options
    OK, here is the latest.

He did refund, via paypal, $4 of the $9 shipping charge. He also left positive FB for me. I can only surmise that either he had a change of heart or my notification to ebay helped him along.

At any rate, I'm going to leave him POSITIVE FB, since I've been made pretty much whole. The card is nice and it cost me under SMR, even with the postage.

• Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    VintageBallCards@aol.com aka vintagemasterpieces has stiffed me for $1610.00.
    figures on the rarest occasion thta i allow zero feedbackers to bid i get zilched.
    i wonder if this is also a recent new poster on the boards,,,,,
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    some buyers are riduculous with the feedback when the seller already left it. They leave a negative, without fear of retaliation without giving the seller a chance to correct the problems, so don't act like the buyers are so innoscent. Both sides are guilty or turning feedback into a hostage crisis.
  • Options
    That was no mistake. report him.

<< <i>Be on the lookout for ebay seller, ra-15, email addy richieallen15@aol.com aka Premier Sports of Dresher, PA.

I won an auction from him last month. Auction description stated "shipping $8 for PRIORITY MAIL" (on a $48.99 item), for a total of $56.99.

He emails me requiring $57.99. I respond with correct total.

He emails me again, "$56.99 for MO---$57.99 for paypal

I paid the extra buck, figuring I've got him on a violation. Since he charged an extra $1.00 for paypal, I submitted a seller violation alert to ebay.

Today the package arrived, not by PRIORITY MAIL, as stated and paid for, but with $1.38 postage.

I'm also gonna neg him even though he will undoubtedly retaliate against me, as he has held feeback hostage until I post first. >>

• Options
    READ the postage & Handling and do the math! 400% of the Bids on the quantity offered. I won them all and the guy asked for $25.00 to ship circumventing E-bay fees!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3166964140

need I say more!

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!