Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Nice lot of 7 PRO Mantle cards from an Ebay seller we're becoming familiar with:

Comments

• This guy is desecrating tons of vintage cards which is horrible for the hobby. This sh*t is unbelievable.
  • He just bought this uncut sheet of Ripken rookies. He'll chop 'em soon:

Ripkens
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Fortunately, the backs of these cards are blank, so he can't cut them for grading.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Not that the buyer (or PRO) cares, but those Ripken rookies are poor quality forgeries. I emailed the seller when the auction originally surfaced about that fact and he obviously didn't care either.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I was going to say I've never heard of sheets like that. I've got a couple 9-card sheets somwhere of 1983 Topps showing league leaders that I got for free from the old Willow Grove show 20 years ago. So I guess anything's possible, but that is stretching it. But certainly nothing will prevent 8 1/1 statless-back Ripken error rookies from being sold in the near future, PRO 10s, of course.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    If you check Beckett and look up the 1982 Topps set, it states to be aware of the "Ripken Blank Backed Fakes." These sheets were the origin of these fake cards.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I know this has been discussed over and over but just wanted to post. I was just searching on ebay and came across the cards in this thread and I just wanted to cry. I then did a search by seller including completed items all auctions for the past 30 days and it was so disgusting how many highly collectable cards were destroyed and this is just 30 days. make sure your sitting down before hitting the link. I think someone should drive to his house and break his hands or better yet , chop them off so that he can not chop up any more cardsimage
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

<< <i>make sure your sitting down before hitting the link >>

Thats alot of cash changing hands...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My job requires a license and is state regulated; I'm not saying I want "regulation" in a hobby/business but it would be nice if something could be done about this!image

Send out the goon squad to put the "chop" on this guy!

Mike
    Mike
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Now I know what happened to my 62 Mays PSA 6.......................
    Wonder where it is and what holder it's in now ???????????????

BOTR
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    NOW I HAVE SEEN IT ALL!!!!!!! he stoops to a new level. What a scam artist scum bag. he continually does this crap to try to legitamize his scam trimmed cards. image

rejected from pro for trimming

I JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYONE ON THE BOARD. Even though there is continually childish bickering going on, without thse boards I am sure some of us would have been caught by some of the dirtballs like this.
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Wow, you've got problems when PRO rejects a card for trimming. Must not have been ANY border left.
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Actually, I'm willing to bet that he never sent that in to PRO, and that he made that up to try and show that Pro does catch trimmed cards, thus "legitimizing" the rest of his pro graded crap. If not, that is one sad reject notification:

Who is Rober Maris?
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Fortunately, the backs of these cards are blank, so he can't cut them for grading. >>

MANTLEFAN - I have a feeling our friends at PRO would be happy to encapsulate these cards or anything offered their way...jay