Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Super Ultra Rare!!!!......SCAM??

Lavar Arrington Rookies

This is for any you modern guys out there. This is a super short print rookie that all of a sudden this no feedback seller has 8 of? Anyone else think it's a scam? I doimage

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
>

Comments

• AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Well, that's a very tough card. IIRC, it was pulled very early because Lavar didn't sign with the NFLPA. Other than the zero feedback, there are no other warning signs really. Could be a scam, but it doesn't set off my spidey sense.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • wonder why he lists the BGS 9
    for $10 more than the PSA 9

they are both Mint graded cards....

that kinda stuff ticks me off.
    imageimage
  • One seller having multiples is not necessarily that uncommon. The Arrington cards tended to come in clumps in the Ultra boxes. I know several collectors who hit multiple copies in the same box - and one buddy of mine hit a box with one in every pack. The seller is not very bright as he could have listed these one a week and most likely got more action. Or you would think zero feedback persons would build up a rating buying before attempting to sell.
  • These cards are impossible to find. I'm betting those Ultra cards came straight from Fleer employee trying to liquidate his stash before the company goes under or is sold. They've had several cases where certain cards were supposed to be in packs, didn't exists and then filtered out years later.
  • Check out this link now. This guy has added more Arrington cards. It just looks fishy to me. Besides he has has no bids on the rare cards.

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >