Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So I went to Long Beach today...

Big crowd. I got there about 1130 and stayed until almost 4. It's mind boggling the number of high quality coins there were. Mostly I looked at Washingtons, and bought three. One raw, a 43S and 2 in PCGS 65 holders, a 49D and a 51P. Anyone could have found something they were interested in.

One thing that really surprised me was the number of Ancient coins that was there. And a lot of Morgans, some really nice ones.

I didn't really see a lot of Washington's. They were there, but not in any great number. Maybe that's why the prices have been going up and away in this series.

I also noticed at one dealers table, the same 32S Washington that he had last year and at several shows in San Diego. It's raw, looks like it's AU58, maybe MS, and marked 4000 dollars. I guess if he hangs on to it a little longer, he may eventually get that.

Here are my purchases, I had to have the 49D. It's much nicer than the picture shows. the reverse is white.

US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Comments

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Long Beach is a great show and a great place for a show. Those are some nice looking Washingtons.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Thanks for the report.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Nice 43s, looks like a solid 66.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options
    I love the 43 S. Very nice looking Washingtons image

• Options
    Thanks for the report.

Some nice lookin' Washies you picked up. The raw '43-S looks like an especially good score. image

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    It is a nice coin, but it's stying in my raw set. It has a solid strike, no cotact marks to speak of, and lots of luster, and fits very well in that set. I'm down to just five coins to fill out the 40's.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file