Home U.S. Coin Forum

Got Graded While Away in Denver....NO MODERNS HERE.

RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
Okay. I used my freebie submission to send in some coins for my father that he has had for years. One I bought for him about 15 years ago. Details below. The reason for the submittal was because I told him it would be a good idea to have these graded in case he decided to sell in the future. He was happy I wanted to do it for him, and I was, too.

Here are the results:

1 30048214 1928 S$1 USA VF35
2 30048215 1877 1C USA G04BN
3 30048216 1909-S 1C Indian USA VG08BN
4 30048217 1909-S VDB 1C USA VF35BN

Date Received: 12/31/2003
Date Shipped: 01/29/2004

Comments

• StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampage: Those 20th Century Coins seem pretty modern to me ... imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    When I think moderns, I think IKES, SBAs, Washingtons, Roosies, Jeffersons, Memorial Lincs, etc. image

I guess it depends on each person's idea of Modern. image Some say 55 to present, some say 79 to present, others say 1909 to present. I say 2003 to present. imageimage Just kidding. I think on Moderns as 1965 to present.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampage: Just Jokin' with ya! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
    I knew that. image
  • Way to go!! Hope your dad loves his new slabs!! image
  • image Impressive dates/mint marks. image You suck. image

<< <i>Way to go!! Hope your dad loves his new slabs!! image >>

Jonesy-

He is thrilled. I was worried about the Peace dollar. Thought maybe it was lightly cleaned-apparently I was wrong.

I was happy about all of them because we now know none are fake, or altered. This was the main reason to have the graded, even though they are not super high grades.

Thanks.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very wise move to have them slabbed. Now potential buyers will not have to be concerned about authenticity. As a result the coins should be much more marketable.
    All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file