Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My good news!

I have a great announcement I'd like to make. This past week my girlfriend for over two and a half years just got engaged. Yupp, a slow down in buying cards for awhile. But, the joy I'll have with her will be worth the wait till I get through school with my Masters degree!

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    imageimageimage

Congratualtions! Your wedding will be the best day of your life-- it was for me. Though I hear the birth of your child is pretty good as well (I'll find out in 5 months).
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    i have been at the alter once and the delivery room 3 times and i can remember all 4 days like they were yesterday but nothing compares to the words "I love you dad". congratulations you will enjoy it.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yupp, a slow down in buying cards for awhile. >>

JEFF - Congrats!!
    By the way, your quote listed above will be etched in stone once the marriage is official image ...jay
  • Options
    DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    Congratulations! Always great to hear such good news.
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    "This past week my girlfriend for over two and a half years just got engaged."
    good for her and better for you!.now you can move on to more women.

haha
    jus' kidd'n.you DID write she got engaged and not to you,,,image
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    ATA BOY JEFF,

Rule #1....Find a good hiding place for all the cards.

Congrats
  • Options
    Congrats Jeff. Enjoy the time leading up to the weeding. Although it sometimes gets unnecessarily emotional, it really is the most fun you'll have until the children come.

Just remember...if she won't support your card habit you have plenty of time to get out!!! image
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Jeff - I said the same thing last May, but I am still buying. I just need her approval now ...
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Dude, where are your priorities?
  • Options

Congrats Jeff. I hope you picked a woman that makes alot of money that way you can buy more cards.image <joking.

Good luck!
    Paul.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
    Congrats Jeff !!!!!!!!!! image
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    You'll have to sign the 2 of you up for the Wedding Gift "Set Registry" image

Congrats
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Congrats Jeff !!! Time to start saving for the wedding !!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

The best day of my life was the day I split up with my first wife,
    although to this day I cherish the perfect child we had as a result of our union.

Just remember to keep everything in perspective ...
    good potential wives come along all the time, low pop cards sometimes remain scarce forever ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation as you wolfbear...Except I have 2 perfect little ones!

Ken
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Options
    Jeff, all the best in your new endeavor, pursuit, adventure, life sentence. Hey forget all that where is the honeymoon going to be? Disney world, Florida was one of the best times of my life..
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    "This past week my girlfriend for over two and a half years just got engaged."

Two questions: (1) Anybody you know? (2) Do you think you'll miss her?image

Time heals all wounds.
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Jeff!!! You have been great to communicate with about the 1959 set.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options

Jeff,

Congratulations!!!!image

A few points to remember:
    Always start these statements with "honey,baby,sweetie",You get my drift image

1) Baseball cards are an investment and I will always be able to sell them for more than I paid for them.
    2) I haven't bought any cards in a long time.
    3) I have never paid more than $100 for a card.
    4) I just sold a bunch of cards so that I could buy this high dollar card.
    5) I didn't buy these,I made a big trade for them.
    6) For every one that I buy,I am selling two.
    7) I have never bought a card without consulting you first.
    8) I have to go to the National to check out prices and sell.
    9) I'm checking e-bay for (insert own words)and haven't looked at cards at all.
    10) Baseball card collecting is just a hobby to me and I would sell all my cards if you want me to.

While these statements "might be misleading", in times of serious cards discussions they will be useful in creating a harmonious ending.

In all seriousness, marriage is a great thing.Just remember,marriage is something that you must work at.And remember,married people statistically live longer.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Vic - great stuff image

Don't forget that wives are also good for picking between the better of two 8's.

If nobody else's wives' helps them out with this kind or stuff, then I truely do have the best wife in the world ! image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all the kind words! That's one of the many great things about her, she enjoys looking at my cards almost as much as I do. And she always likes to know what card I am getting for my set next.

Thanks again everyone!
    Jeff
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Well, Jeff, that's great news. Just don't get too excited about your wedding- if it goes anything like mine, you'll be so nervous that you won't remember a damn thing about it anyway.

Best to you and your fiancee.
  • Options
    Congrats Jeff. We'll soon be welcoming you to "The Land of the Living Dead" aka marriage. Oh, you'll be breathing for the next 50 years. You just won't be living.image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion