Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

A Little trip North to Olympia, Washington.

This 20 table coin show was not Long Beach but atleast a few coins, Dark and Light, were found. Nothing extremely cool like stuff that has been seen here for the last week but stuff I have never seen. Well worth the trip and bought with proceeds from a Light Side sale at the show. Had bucks left over also.

On the way home a 1800's Krause was bought. That killed the bucks left over...image Atleast now I can tell what some of the coins are and have a general idea of price structure.

A couple are attached.

Ken

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Canadian fishscale. Good strike and lustre.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • You have a very good eye Fairlane!! However, that third coin, what is that?? imageimage
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Ken nice stuff. You gotta watch those fishing lures thoughimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them are excellent... the 45P Merc is really nice. great findsimage

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishscale is the 5C piece ?

The seller had the coin graded XF. I suppose that is correct because I would grade the coin AU58 by Light standards. It does have full luster but has seen very minor circulation. Always have liked those little things.

Ken
  • Nice catch Ken. image

Walt image
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canadian 5c silvers are often called fish scales.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    Wow you guys type way faster than I. Four replys while I was typing a reply to the first post.....image

Hey the Merc is Raw and it was sort of cheap. Better looking when I got it home than what I thought it was in the show light.

All together 14 coins were bought today of the Dark Type and two Merc Dimes. Actually you do not expect me to give up the Mercs altogether ?...image

Thank You for the compliments. Today was actually the first time I have intentionally looked for the Dark coins at a show. Had to ask to see them because for some reason dealers hide them.

Note to self...Type Slower !! ...Edited three times for spelling, which I stink at, and left out words.

Ken
  • farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I've always liked the design of the reverse of the Prince Edward Island coin.

Excellent purchases! image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
    I really thought the PEI was cool also. Had two of them to pick from. Never had seen one of them before. I picked out a one cent piece from Nova Scotia also. 1861 is the date. About the same as this one shown.

Ken
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    That PEI is really nice. Most I've seen don't have near that detail on the leaves of the oak tree.
    Nice grade also as most encountered are Fine at best.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?