Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Another Lion Addition

Comments

• Great lion. Noted and added to the listimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Boz, that's excellent!!! What year is it?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Neat!! Now there's an FAO worth having, IMHO! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    It is a 1979 jester and nicely tonedimage
  • I like that. Nice eye appeal.
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I have a couple more to put up todayimage
  • Great coin, but the lion looks a little bit tired and also not a big one sample image
    N. N.
  • I love the coin..... Roar on!!!!!!!!!!
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Nick, I guess they had to show the man WINNING against the lion, so therefore they had to make the depicted lion weak and small.image I presume it wouldn't make for great subject matter to show a lion devouring the hero....

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Yes, I know that story Mike image It was just my poor attempt to joke image, especcially taking into account the fact, that usually F.A.O. coins shows big and PROUD ANIMALS and not MEN (for example I have had a few with a very big, happy and proud fish!image )

BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread, Theboz imageimage

Edited to add: from the other hand , may be they, yes, wanted to underline that this guy (Samson? Hercules?) able to beat any lion for only Food_Agriculture purpose, so it suits to the topic of FAO coins... like some Fishery FAO coins...
    N. N.